Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping/Removal Companies from UK to US, recommendations pls?

Shipping/Removal Companies from UK to US, recommendations pls?

Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

emmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really nice
Default Shipping/Removal Companies from UK to US, recommendations pls?

Were moving to LA in January and I'm arranging several international shipping quotes, has anyone got any recommendations or good experiences who they've used, or otherwise bad experiences and who to avoid?? Thanks
Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:32 pm
IPM
Forum Regular

IPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to all
Default Re: Shipping/Removal Companies from UK to US, recommendations pls?

My company uses John Mason in the UK and I believe the counterpart in the US is United Van Lines. I have no benchmark on costs as I didn't see the bill, but the service was very good.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

emmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really niceemmajanemac is just really nice

Great thank you...i'll check them out!
Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Some reccos in http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Shipping_USA along with general removal tips.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 10:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a few threads to search out with recommendations.

But at the end of the day, it all boils down to who gets contracted to do the local US end, so someone who ended up with one particular Van Lines, Atlas etc, etc, might have a completely different experience to someone else who's local Van Lines, Atlas, etc, etc franchise is completely different. All you can do is search them out against the scam moving website.