British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Shipping personal effects...how soon can I do this after receiving my K3 Visa? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/shipping-personal-effects-how-soon-can-i-do-after-receiving-my-k3-visa-712411/)

caliqueen17 Apr 6th 2011 10:06 pm

Shipping personal effects...how soon can I do this after receiving my K3 Visa?

Hello everyone. This is my first thread, I have only just become a member :-D

I am just awaiting my interview for the K3 Visa at the London Embassy, really my question is more about my personal belongings and how soon after entering the US I can ship them and what is the process? [Should I be doing anything now in relation to it, i.e. filling out forms?]

I have already decided which shipping company I will be using and they will pick my things up from my home in the UK and drop them outside my doorstep in California.

Any input would be useful.

Thank you. Also I would be very interested in the expat get togethers in California- San Fran. :thumbsup:

avanutria Apr 6th 2011 10:11 pm

Re: Shipping personal effects...how soon can I do this after receiving my K3 Visa?

The owner of the goods must be legally present in the US at the time that the goods arrive, but other than that I don't know of any restrictions. We sent our stuff off before we left the UK and it arrived (well) after we did.

Edited to add - your chosen shipping company should be giving you the forms. Take a photocopy of them for your records.

Bob Apr 7th 2011 12:49 am

Re: Shipping personal effects...how soon can I do this after receiving my K3 Visa?

Send them whenever you want.

Plan on how long it'll take to ship the stuff so you're going to be there to receive the stuff.

Welcome to BE btw :)

caliqueen17 Apr 7th 2011 11:25 pm

How long do the NVC take to transfer a K3 Visa file to the Embassy in LONDON?

Hello, may I also ask another question........

can anyone shed any light on the subject above? Thanks

:confused:

avanutria Apr 7th 2011 11:31 pm

Re: How long do the NVC take to transfer a K3 Visa file to the Embassy in LONDON?

Originally Posted by caliqueen17 (Post 9292563)
Hello, may I also ask another question........

can anyone shed any light on the subject above? Thanks

:confused:

Do you mean "How long do the NVC take to transfer a K3 Visa file to the Embassy in LONDON?"

You should start a new thread with this question, or no one will see it. I didn't see it at first - the "subject" line in a reply doesn't command much attention.

ian-mstm Apr 8th 2011 1:29 pm

Re: How long do the NVC take to transfer a K3 Visa file to the Embassy in LONDON?

Originally Posted by caliqueen17 (Post 9292563)
... can anyone shed any light on the subject above?

As mentioned in another thread, you aren't applying for nor will you be receiving a K-3 visa.

Ian