Reload this Page >

Shipping to Michigan

Shipping to Michigan

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

wallaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping to Michigan

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a shipment company that are quite reliable and fairly priced. We won't have an awful lot of stuff, as we don't own a house currently and we plan to seel as much as we can over the next 5 months.

We will prob be shipping larger items like a mountain bike, golf clubs and then a few boxes of clothes/personal possessions.

Thanks!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping to Michigan

in the mail...
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wallaj View Post
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a shipment company that are quite reliable and fairly priced. We won't have an awful lot of stuff, as we don't own a house currently and we plan to seel as much as we can over the next 5 months.

We will prob be shipping larger items like a mountain bike, golf clubs and then a few boxes of clothes/personal possessions.

Thanks!
from where?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Unless your bike is something special sell it and buy one over here... I was just looking at bikes today in Wal-Mart and they don't run for much more the $100 probably cost more than that to mail one over.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to add... Last couple of times my sister has mailed me stuff she has used to Parcels to go.

www.parcel2go.com

According to the website you can send 70kg for £170, seems like a pretty good deal to me. My sister uses them a lot for mailing stuff she sells on Ebay too.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:15 am
Just Joined

wallaj is an unknown quantity at this point

we're still in the uk - Northampton at the moment.

When I lived in the US before it was arranged by my company who allowed me to ship 2 cubic metres of stuff. They used Allied Pickfords but I have no idea how much they cost. Can't see my company spending more than 3 or 4 hundred pounds for such a thing, but I was able to send everything I wanted.

The bike I have was actually bought in the USA then, and I brought it back here. It's not cutting edge or anything but I was kind of hoping to hang on to it. I guess these are the sorts of decisions to come over the next few months!

Thanks again
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US View Post
Unless your bike is something special sell it and buy one over here... I was just looking at bikes today in Wal-Mart and they don't run for much more the $100 probably cost more than that to mail one over.
those bikes are poo though if your into proper riding, much better places to get them...but if you ain't bothered, yeah, nice and cheap, not that anyone uses one to get to the local shops around here