British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Shipping to Michigan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/shipping-michigan-526641/)

wallaj Apr 3rd 2008 8:40 pm

Shipping to Michigan

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a shipment company that are quite reliable and fairly priced. We won't have an awful lot of stuff, as we don't own a house currently and we plan to seel as much as we can over the next 5 months.

We will prob be shipping larger items like a mountain bike, golf clubs and then a few boxes of clothes/personal possessions.

Thanks!

Bob Apr 3rd 2008 10:58 pm

Re: Shipping to Michigan

in the mail...

TruBrit Apr 3rd 2008 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by wallaj (Post 6155179)
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a shipment company that are quite reliable and fairly priced. We won't have an awful lot of stuff, as we don't own a house currently and we plan to seel as much as we can over the next 5 months.

We will prob be shipping larger items like a mountain bike, golf clubs and then a few boxes of clothes/personal possessions.

Thanks!

from where?

Ash UK/US Apr 4th 2008 4:24 am

Unless your bike is something special sell it and buy one over here... I was just looking at bikes today in Wal-Mart and they don't run for much more the $100 probably cost more than that to mail one over.

Ash UK/US Apr 4th 2008 4:34 am

Forgot to add... Last couple of times my sister has mailed me stuff she has used to Parcels to go.

www.parcel2go.com

According to the website you can send 70kg for £170, seems like a pretty good deal to me. My sister uses them a lot for mailing stuff she sells on Ebay too.

wallaj Apr 4th 2008 7:15 am

we're still in the uk - Northampton at the moment.

When I lived in the US before it was arranged by my company who allowed me to ship 2 cubic metres of stuff. They used Allied Pickfords but I have no idea how much they cost. Can't see my company spending more than 3 or 4 hundred pounds for such a thing, but I was able to send everything I wanted.

The bike I have was actually bought in the USA then, and I brought it back here. It's not cutting edge or anything but I was kind of hoping to hang on to it. I guess these are the sorts of decisions to come over the next few months!

Thanks again

Bob Apr 4th 2008 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US (Post 6156894)
Unless your bike is something special sell it and buy one over here... I was just looking at bikes today in Wal-Mart and they don't run for much more the $100 probably cost more than that to mail one over.

those bikes are poo though if your into proper riding, much better places to get them...but if you ain't bothered, yeah, nice and cheap, not that anyone uses one to get to the local shops around here :D