Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

shipping itinerary

shipping itinerary

Old Jan 13th 2007, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

franki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nice
Default shipping itinerary

I hope this isn't a silly question. How specific does the shipping itinerary need to be? We are boxing everything ourselves. If a box has toys and games in it, is it ok just to say, "toys and games"? Or do I need to list which toys and games?
Old Jan 13th 2007, 4:29 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping itinerary

Originally Posted by franki
I hope this isn't a silly question. How specific does the shipping itinerary need to be? We are boxing everything ourselves. If a box has toys and games in it, is it ok just to say, "toys and games"? Or do I need to list which toys and games?

Depends on what you want the insurance company to pay out if anything goes missing!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:53 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

toys and games is fine but a couple of point s as posted list all valubles for insurance ,have be told that customs are more likely to open self packed boxes .We packed some cartons our selves since we needed stuff moved before the packers arrived and they where the boxes opened .where also advised not to write personal items on boxes and list,be spacific in as much as glass orniments ,family photos etc sounds pretty basic but apparently people write personal items alot

could try ringing the frieghter they will be able to tell you exactlly the wording to use
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya franki,

it's really for you if anything goes missing i.e. insurance claims etc, sometimes it's easier to say 'toys and games' and then take a photo and put it either inside or taped onto the outside of the packing box and keep a copy for yourself.

sounds like you are well on your way...good luck