Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping iPad to UK.

Shipping iPad to UK.

Old Oct 26th 2019, 1:08 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping iPad to UK.

I’m sending my dad in England my old iPad.
Does anyone have experience of the best shipping method that isn’t going to get him stung with customs charges.
The value of the iPad is $225.
thanks
Alex.
Old Oct 26th 2019, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping iPad to UK.

VAT is applicable on gifts over 39 quid.
Customs Duties only kick in on gifts over 135 quid,
Now how you choose to declare it and what value is given is your decision. From the website

Your goods may be seized if you don’t follow the rules. You may also be fined or prosecuted.

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty
Old Oct 26th 2019, 1:47 pm
Banned

hrowen is an unknown quantity at this point

Find someone who is going back to the UK and get them to mail it from there!

ymmv
Old Oct 26th 2019, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as it's marked gift, and not in original box, no price tags it "should" be ok......

I would say it's not worth more than 30£........but of course that is fairly subjective..