Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping Florida - UK

Shipping Florida - UK

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 2:01 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping Florida - UK

Shipping Florida - UK

Anyone know of a good company to ship some of our house contents from Florida to the UK?

I am not talking furniture here - more a (considerable!_) quantity of knicknacks, books, and so on. - so it's not worthwhile having a container.

Appreciate any leads.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

braddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping Florida - UK

Originally posted by Rog Williams
Shipping Florida - UK

Anyone know of a good company to ship some of our house contents from Florida to the UK?

I am not talking furniture here - more a (considerable!_) quantity of knicknacks, books, and so on. - so it's not worthwhile having a container.

Appreciate any leads.

If you actually dont have that much stuff you should try the Post Office, I did this recently on abox 20x20x20 I think it was - bought the box from the PO for just $5.00 and then because I wasnt in a hurry for the stuff to arrive in England (also from Florida) sent it by ship, its a lot less than you think.

I got lots of emails from companies wanting to ship, but they are all looking for large loads it seems.

Are you going back home?
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 2:38 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by braddy
If you actually dont have that much stuff you should try the Post Office, I did this recently on abox 20x20x20 I think it was - bought the box from the PO for just $5.00 and then because I wasnt in a hurry for the stuff to arrive in England (also from Florida) sent it by ship, its a lot less than you think.

I got lots of emails from companies wanting to ship, but they are all looking for large loads it seems.

Are you going back home?
Did they charge by weight or size? I ask because I buy bits and pieces now and then and instead of sending them individually to my sisters I often wonder if a big box at Christmas (or October) would be a lot less effort and expense!
Old Oct 24th 2003, 6:35 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Braddy:

Thanks for that. I hadn't thought of the USPO. I probably will have more "stuff" than would be good for the PO but I will try them.

Yes, after 11 years we're selling up and going. Have enjoyed the US but wouldn't like to live there permanently like for the rest of my life.

We're moving to Australia, and have to get our US stuff there, probably via the UK since we don't have a place in Oz yet.

Cheers
Old Oct 24th 2003, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

braddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
Did they charge by weight or size? I ask because I buy bits and pieces now and then and instead of sending them individually to my sisters I often wonder if a big box at Christmas (or October) would be a lot less effort and expense!

The charge was by weight, having ascertained first that the box I purchased from them was the largest that could be handled by the Post Office. I was pleasantly surprised by the cost. Cheers. Joan