Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

shipping cost from UK to US

shipping cost from UK to US

Old Jul 13th 2002, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

the fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping cost from UK to US

i am hoping to move to the states and marry my fiance soon anyone got any information about shipping my belongings over costs and best company to use. mainly house hold goods.
Old Jul 14th 2002, 3:01 am
ruby

Default Re: shipping cost from UK to US

Heres a website you can request some info on a moving company in UK ..... www.pss.uk.com They will give you estimates, and advice. My UK fiance has called them, and they recently sent him a packet with brochures and info. Good Luck.

Old Jul 14th 2002, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: shipping cost from UK to US

Hi,
I tried several Companies (including Parcelforce, who were very expensive, and as of a couple of weeks ago, they dont pick up from your house)
A lot depends on how quickly you need the stuff there and what it is (ie clothes/books etc or furniture)
In the end I faxed several local companies in my area (Coventry)from the Yellow Pages with approximate dimensions and weights (according to my bathroom scales !!) adn then spoke to a couple
and finally chose one.
We wait to see how it goes !!
good luck