Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping Company from U.K to U.S??

Shipping Company from U.K to U.S??

Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

aish84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Company from U.K to U.S??

Hi, does anyone know of a good shipping company that provides you with the boxes and are of reasonable price?
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Company from U.K to U.S??

Originally Posted by aish84
Hi, does anyone know of a good shipping company that provides you with the boxes and are of reasonable price?
Perhaps a moderator will move this to the USA forum, since it has nothing to do with immigration.

Ian
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aish84
All reputable shipping companies will provide you with boxes - they have to pack the goods themselves if you wanted them insured. As to whether any are good and reasonably priced, use the search facility to find hundreds of threads - at least one a week I guess. Also see the Wiki.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

aish84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, very helpful! Just thought i'd ask on here as someone may have obtained their visa and are in process moving to AMERICA or have moved to AMERICA and used a shipping company which they can recommend.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 12:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

But you don't say where you're moving to.

This a huge country and a recommendation from someone who moved to Colorado isn't going to be much use if you're moving to Texas, etc, etc.

Also it all boils down to who gets subcontracted on the local US end so again if you're going to ask a open ended question, you might as well search out the generic answer yourself.

You don't say if you're looking to ship things quickly, if you've got delicate furniture, want door to door pack/ship and unpack or if you'll need storage or not.

So with that in mind, the answer you got is the best you'll get.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Sooyp is an unknown quantity at this point

I moved from the UK to the Connecticut recently. I used Robinsons who then work with Graebels this end

http://www.robinsonsrelo.com/

Only 1 broken plate discovered and the whole process took 2 months. A colleague used Virgin Air which will be a lot speedier but cost more.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Markoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant future

I used Anglo American. I cant say I had a great experience with them. Wouldnt reccomend. The moved me to the North East.