Reload this Page >

Shipping companies

Shipping companies

Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

IceBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping companies

Hiya,

I'm hoping for a recommendation for a shipping company. I have already looked through the search but so far, not found what I need.

We'll probably need a 20ft container from UK to NY. It's the customer service that's the most important thing and to have our things packed and delivered safely and on time that 's most important. We're having the quickest move and I'll only have a month and a half to sort everything out, from selling the house, car etc. to finding it all on the other side.

Thank you lovely people
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping companies

Originally Posted by IceBrit
Hiya,

I'm hoping for a recommendation for a shipping company. I have already looked through the search but so far, not found what I need.

We'll probably need a 20ft container from UK to NY. It's the customer service that's the most important thing and to have our things packed and delivered safely and on time that 's most important. We're having the quickest move and I'll only have a month and a half to sort everything out, from selling the house, car etc. to finding it all on the other side.

Thank you lovely people
try the removal group... pretty good.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

wisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud of

were using Curtiss removals and so far they seem efficient, but they come in on Tuesday to pack so will no more then. Cost is £4172 for 20ft container from south East England near Gatwick to Jacksonville. that is a full pack service as its not advised you pack your own. If you want their number etc just let me know
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

We used EuroUSA... My husbands company paid for the move so have no idea on costs... but they were so good... I was emailed and updated regularly from both the UK and the US girls dealing with us... Very impressed.. And sincerely best of luck with your move
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.movingscam.com/

Just check the company against that site, especially who's been contracted to do the work at the other end.

There's a few recommendations in the moving back to UK section too...
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:06 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink
We used EuroUSA... My husbands company paid for the move so have no idea on costs... but they were so good... I was emailed and updated regularly from both the UK and the US girls dealing with us... Very impressed.. And sincerely best of luck with your move
I used Wheaton Worldwide when I returned to the US as I'd used them US-UK previously (they're American). They contracted with EuroUSA at the UK end and they were fine.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Jmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud of

DO NOT Use Excess baggage
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by IceBrit
Hiya,

Thank you lovely people
Hi IceBrit,
When are you going? We are also going to NY and hoping to get our stuff picked up on Maundy Thursday. I have only just started to look at shipping companines so if you haev any good experiences let me know! Good luck on your move
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nooka
Hi IceBrit,
When are you going? We are also going to NY and hoping to get our stuff picked up on Maundy Thursday. I have only just started to look at shipping companines so if you haev any good experiences let me know! Good luck on your move
We're going on Monday to look around for a house and then we'll move in the first week of April. I've contacted one so far and I'm still waiting for a reply from there. Was going to call 2 more this afternoon so I'll let you know how I get on.

Whereabouts will you be living? Best of luck to you as well
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

We have rented a place in Millburn (on Englishmum's recommendation!) and will use that as a base to explore a few neighbourhoods in both NJ and Queens. My husband will go out on the 25th March, and we are joining him a week later (he's going to do the initial scouting because we think the children will get bored at traipsing around). If we'd known it was going to take his company so long to get things sorted we would have done an earlier rekke, but the best laid plans!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

EURO USA!!!! well if anyone has a complete bedroom set, a bike, tramploline, parts to the motorcycle, brand new bedding, a tv let me know because mine was all missing when i received it. NEVER AGAIN!! I do have a picture of a naked woman that doesnt belong to me tho oh and they wanted to leave a couch with me that i had never seen before in my life...bit tatty, so i let them find another home for it...is that a crappy moving company or just plain bad luck???
Old Feb 18th 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

ian1976 will become famous soon enoughian1976 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Deedee13
EURO USA!!!! well if anyone has a complete bedroom set, a bike, tramploline, parts to the motorcycle, brand new bedding, a tv let me know because mine was all missing when i received it. NEVER AGAIN!! I do have a picture of a naked woman that doesnt belong to me tho oh and they wanted to leave a couch with me that i had never seen before in my life...bit tatty, so i let them find another home for it...is that a crappy moving company or just plain bad luck???

Ouch! Did you share a container with someone or have your own??? Hard to imagine that happening with your own container?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Deedee13
Oh my goodness, that's just awful. So how have they explained this to you??? That's just appalling and exactly what I've been so scared of when trying to find a decent company
Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:50 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

don't use White and Company they took 4 months to deliver and didn't give a monkeys. very stressful experience
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

wisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vegas
don't use White and Company they took 4 months to deliver and didn't give a monkeys. very stressful experience

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH We have them or a subsidury of them called Curtiss coming to load up tomorrow really hope it does not take that long for us although I have to say I already have my reservations, why is the salessman always so good and the follow up in the office more worryful. Things always seem to change once they have your well earned cash in their grubby hands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.