Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping from Canada to the US

Shipping from Canada to the US

Old Oct 15th 2001, 7:30 pm
Vicki

I plan to ship the majority of my belongings via courier or mail. Is there any
specific way to go about this? Do I need to label each package with the individual
items, or on a box containing clothes can I simply write, "Clothes".

Old Oct 15th 2001, 8:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Shoot ... if the packages are light enough to go via postal service why not just pack them into a large suitcase and pay (if necessary) the added baggage charge on the airlines.

Rita
Old Oct 15th 2001, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if this is relevent to your case, but when we moved from the UK, our expert shipping agent just marked the boxes in a very general way: "clothes", "kitchen", "living room", etc.

Had we had anything that needed to be declared (we didn't), these would have been marked separately on both the boxes and the customs declaration so that they could be inspected at the POE.

Old Oct 15th 2001, 10:36 pm
Kay

I found this site really useful in answer to my questions on importing goods
into the U.S.;

http://www.customs.ustreas.gov/travel/travel.htm

Kay

>
there
    >
the
    >