Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping - Air - London to New York City

Shipping - Air - London to New York City

Old Sep 12th 2017, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping - Air - London to New York City

Hey All.

I have some items I would like to ship to NYC from London.
It isn't a huge amount and not justifiable via sea freight.
Does anyone have any recommendations as the only place I can find is sendmybag.com which is charging £100 for 30KG.

I will be taking 4 x cases on the plane but Norweigan only allow one additional case each.

Thank you
Old Sep 12th 2017, 2:35 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping - Air - London to New York City

Google <"your town" freight forwarder> and look for ones that cover small shipments/ household. That's what I have done a couple of times to ship things from my parents' home.

That said, you probably won't do much better than around £100 for 30Kg
Old Sep 12th 2017, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

viitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond reputeviitav has a reputation beyond repute

I might have to just stick with this one - they offer 2 day delivery which is super quick.

Thanks Pulaski!
Old Sep 12th 2017, 7:55 pm
UK->US

Katdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud of

We're very much in the same boat. I have some fairly expensive-to-rebuy textbooks I'd like to ship over to Texas, and we've also opted for 2 extra checked bags for our flight (4 total).

I just plugged in 2x (457mm x 305mm x 305mm) 20kg boxes from Surrey to Texas and parcelhero.com has given me a price of £91.13 for both using their courier service, or £144.24 via UPS.

Looking at their trustpilot ratings, ParcelHero themselves seem to have a bit of a dodgy record, so we might go UPS... Either way, it's cheaper than extra baggage fees.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Have you looked at sendmybag.com Katdog?

They have fab trustpilot ratings?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:33 am
Just Joined

LondontoDMV is an unknown quantity at this point

This is coming up with fairly priced quotes. https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:37 am
UK->US

Katdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud ofKatdog has much to be proud of

Using the same parameters as above (2x 20kg boxes, same dimensions):

Originally Posted by viitav
Have you looked at sendmybag.com Katdog?

They have fab trustpilot ratings?
Due to the "up to 30kg" requirement, this means the total here comes to £206, but we'd have 20kg of unused weight... maybe we could throw some extra stuff in.

Originally Posted by LondontoDMV
This is coming up with fairly priced quotes. https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/
This site comes out cheaper than ParcelHero's UPS option, at £113 for UPS Express Saver...

We still have a little while to decide, but transglobalexpress seems a good choice (although not checked customer feedback thru TrustPilot or similar)
Old Sep 13th 2017, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Transglobal have 4/5 on trustpilot which is good!
Old Sep 13th 2017, 1:11 pm
UK->US

Originally Posted by viitav
Transglobal have 4/5 on trustpilot which is good!

I just looked and it appears they have two entries on TrustPilot:

After some navigation on the TrustPilot website, I found Courierpoint.com who are "Best in category". They're charging £115 for the same packages I mentioned earlier. Hmm...
Old Sep 13th 2017, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

I ship regularly from the UK and always use Trans-Global never any issues.
I use UPS even if they are a little more expensive there tracking is very good.
I would never consider a freight forwarder for air freight as they tack on too many charges with UPS is one price door to door.