Reload this Page >

Shipping from Aberdeen, Scotland to Houston, Texas

Shipping from Aberdeen, Scotland to Houston, Texas

Old Oct 7th 2013, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

austamck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping from Aberdeen, Scotland to Houston, Texas

Hi,

Looking for some help/guidance/advise on shipping our possessions over to the US.

We wont have too much, it will mostly be clothes, some photo frames, books, wedding album etc.

And I also have 2 urns with ashes (human remains) - are these ok to ship?

Im looking for the best company to use i.e. most efficient and most reasonable cost wise.

Any help, most appreciated.

Thanks
Old Oct 7th 2013, 11:31 am
Vendor

Joe_Lowry7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Shipping from Aberdeen, Scotland to Houston, Texas

Originally Posted by austamck
Hi,

Looking for some help/guidance/advise on shipping our possessions over to the US.

We wont have too much, it will mostly be clothes, some photo frames, books, wedding album etc.

And I also have 2 urns with ashes (human remains) - are these ok to ship?

Im looking for the best company to use i.e. most efficient and most reasonable cost wise.

Any help, most appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Austamck, in regards to the urns I believe you need to check with the American embassy.

There maybe some issues involved in bringing cremated remains from...or taking them to...another country. For example, Germany requires that a licensed cemetery receive cremated remains sent to Germany...and that a licensed funeral director be involved in sending them to Germany. In addition to the steps outlined above, you should start by:
Contacting the Embassy(ies) for the country you are taking cremated remains to or from; identify their specific rules and legal requirements. NOTE: you can often find this information on the website for the country...but it may also require a call.
Some countries will have additional authorizations that are required. Your contact with the Embassy should be able to provide you with the forms, although you may need to involve a licensed funeral director or even legal counsel in order to complete the information required.
Allow time for the process -- two weeks at a minimum -- as there can be a number of steps involved.

I hope that has some sort of help for you.......
Old Oct 14th 2013, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Carlisle401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping from Aberdeen, Scotland to Houston, Texas

Hi,

Aberdeen has many good shipping agents so they should be able to answer all these questions. They do a lot shipping because of Aberdeen being a "Oil City" and they do a lot of shipping to Houston.
Have a look at http://dfsmemorials.com/cremation-bl...mated-remains/
Old Oct 14th 2013, 5:33 pm
Fort Collins, Colorado

yukichon will become famous soon enoughyukichon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shipping from Aberdeen, Scotland to Houston, Texas

I've just agreed a contract with 1st Move International. They are slightly more expensive but they collect the boxes then group them together, wrap up your pictures then shrink wrap it all together on a pallet. This means it all stays together, rather than all the others who get a 3rd party to collect the boxes all loaded individually with others, and the though of the boxes being thrown around troubles me so would rather pay a little more.