Shipping

Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of
Default Shipping

I want to ship (cheapest way) a box from the UK to the USA maybe Savannah, Tampa or Miami. Has anybody on here had any experience of shipping by container?

Thanks in advance!!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Shipping

What size box? There is a big difference between a box and a container. I just shipped a 40' container. Do you want to ship as a partial load?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

Oh yes, I have 6 beer engines (beer hand pulls) that weigh about 120Ibs and I guess they're about 24" long by 18" wide by 12" I haven't even boxed them up yet, they're at my Fathers house in Bristol!!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

If you want to ship as a partial load I would call some of the moving companies for a quote. Keep in mind though that it can take a few months to arrive that way although Miami is a very busy port so it may not be too bad. Another way would be to try a freight forwarder. I am sure someone else will come up with another solution soon.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Yes, I think it's just going to take some time. I am not sure what a freight forwarder is? I am still hopefull someone will give me the answer, but I'll keep looking!!

Thank you for your help sir!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Moving2Texas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1chumly
What size box? There is a big difference between a box and a container. I just shipped a 40' container. Do you want to ship as a partial load?
Hello 1Chumly.. I just noticed your post. We are planning on moving from Central Europe to Texas (Houston or Austin, not sure yet) at the end of the year. I've been trying to get some info about UK moving companies (local companies here are ridiculously priced and it seems cheaper to get somebody over from the UK - so far I've contacted one firm FN Worldwide.. but have no idea if they're any good), to move the equivalent furniture and personal effects for, say, a 2 bedroom house (most of our stuff we'll just get rid of). I think that might be the equivalent of a 40' container (??). As you seem to have some experience with this? Also, I notice a photo of a largish dog..We have 2 dogs, elderly and one is a giant breed (deerhound) and I'm terrified about flying them over and cannot find a sea shipping solution (we'd all travel on a freighter together to Galveston from, say, Barcelona or the UK). The only cruise ships that will take dogs is the Queen Mary Southampton to New York (not very practical) and they won't accept the deerhound - she's too tall for their kennels. I've been trying to find some info on this for months - if ever you don't know about this, sorry to be a nuisance!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:30 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moving2Texas
Hello 1Chumly.. I just noticed your post. We are planning on moving from Central Europe to Texas (Houston or Austin, not sure yet) at the end of the year. I've been trying to get some info about UK moving companies (local companies here are ridiculously priced and it seems cheaper to get somebody over from the UK - so far I've contacted one firm FN Worldwide.. but have no idea if they're any good), to move the equivalent furniture and personal effects for, say, a 2 bedroom house (most of our stuff we'll just get rid of). I think that might be the equivalent of a 40' container (??). As you seem to have some experience with this? Also, I notice a photo of a largish dog..We have 2 dogs, elderly and one is a giant breed (deerhound) and I'm terrified about flying them over and cannot find a sea shipping solution (we'd all travel on a freighter together to Galveston from, say, Barcelona or the UK). The only cruise ships that will take dogs is the Queen Mary Southampton to New York (not very practical) and they won't accept the deerhound - she's too tall for their kennels. I've been trying to find some info on this for months - if ever you don't know about this, sorry to be a nuisance!
Contents of a 2-BR house should fit in a 20-footer, especially if as you say, you intend to flog a lot of stuff.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Britishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant futureBritishbees has a brilliant future

We moved in Nov 2010 to Phoenix, AZ. We were in a 2 bed bungalow, no kids (3 dogs!), and a 20 ft container was just big enough.

The moving company was based in the US and they contracted a UK company to actually pack us up and ship everything. The UK company were excellent - we've just taken delivery 2 weeks ago of our container, and have had no breakages (bar 1 minor one), and everything arrived in excellent condition.

The UK company are called GB Liners - very helpful, professional and well priced.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have sent you a PM as it is quite lengthy and I didn't want to stray too far from the original thread. Let me know here if you don't get it. (I know you can't PM until you've made a few more posts, I don't know about receiving them).
Old Feb 5th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Floridared
Yes, I think it's just going to take some time. I am not sure what a freight forwarder is? I am still hopefull someone will give me the answer, but I'll keep looking!!

Thank you for your help sir!
"A freight forwarder, forwarder, or forwarding agent is a person or company that organizes shipments for individuals or other companies and may also act as a carrier". Do a Google search for info.

(BTW, I'm a madam not a sir! It was appreciated though).
Old Feb 5th 2011, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

BTW, I'm a madam not a sir! It was appreciated though

I apologise profusely Madam, especially for not checking your profile!!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

No problem!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Britishbees
We moved in Nov 2010 to Phoenix, AZ. We were in a 2 bed bungalow, no kids (3 dogs!), and a 20 ft container was just big enough.

The moving company was based in the US and they contracted a UK company to actually pack us up and ship everything. The UK company were excellent - we've just taken delivery 2 weeks ago of our container, and have had no breakages (bar 1 minor one), and everything arrived in excellent condition.

The UK company are called GB Liners - very helpful, professional and well priced.
Thanks very much British Bees I'll check them out. How did you ship the dogs - guess they couldn't go in the container!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 1chumly
I have sent you a PM as it is quite lengthy and I didn't want to stray too far from the original thread. Let me know here if you don't get it. (I know you can't PM until you've made a few more posts, I don't know about receiving them).
Thanks 1Chumly. Yeah, the message is blocked till I have posted 3 messages. This is the 3rd one so maybe now it will work??
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks 1Chumly. Yeah, the message is blocked till I have posted 3 messages. This is the 3rd one so maybe now it will work??
It did! I will reply later as I am just leaving for the afternoon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.