Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Series Premieres

Wikiposts

Series Premieres

Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:23 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Series Premieres

It's that time of year, when we endure a flood of new fantastic programmes to replace last years fantastic new programmes.

Which ones (if any) have you enjoyed so far? Which ones look promising?
Navy CIS was an entertaining hour, will probably watch again. Personally, it takes me a season to start really enjoying a programme, and then it gets pulled. I'm still sulking that Hidden Hills was cancelled before they finished showing all the episodes earlier this year. I guess they're not interested in appealing to the middle income married couples with 2 kids and a dog group.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:26 am

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Series Premieres

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
It's that time of year, when we endure a flood of new fantastic programmes to replace last years fantastic new programmes.

Which ones (if any) have you enjoyed so far? Which ones look promising?
Navy CIS was an entertaining hour, will probably watch again. Personally, it takes me a season to start really enjoying a programme, and then it gets pulled. I'm still sulking that Hidden Hills was cancelled before they finished showing all the episodes earlier this year. I guess they're not interested in appealing to the middle income married couples with 2 kids and a dog group.

I'm still too sad that the series finally of Paradise Hotel is next week... Looking forward to new season of Joe Millionaire though! Last season of Friends <wimper>
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:33 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

series premieres?

NLCS and ALCS look very promising. I would like the Twins to do well
Cubbies for the wild card? I hope so, been a long time for them
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:34 am

Originally posted by manc1976
series premieres?

NLCS and ALCS look very promising. I would like the Twins to do well
Cubbies for the wild card? I hope so, been a long time for them

Nooooooo, not sports! There's already a footie thread now beat it... go on, get out of here!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 2:55 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
I'm still too sad that the series finally of Paradise Hotel is next week... Looking forward to new season of Joe Millionaire though! Last season of Friends <wimper>
If we're going to talk about reality TV, at least make it a decent one like Survivor or The Amazing Race (must surely come back after winning an Emmy?)
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:13 am
Oxymath and eremite

Stumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the rough

Carnivale on HBO is shaping up to be the X Files of the next few years. Good to see Adriene Barbeau working again.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:37 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

I caught a couple of episodes of the Amazing Race.
It was one night when I was bored and it was either the wrestling or nothing.

I usually hate these "reality" shows, but this had me facinated.
Plus they were visiting places I've been, so it was nice to see Paris, Amsterdam, etc.
So I can't wait until a new series of that.

The other premier I'm waiting for is That 70's Show.
I'm a BIG fan of this (see sig) and hope they can keep the high standard going.
But I'm wondering what will happen when they reach 1980 - will it become "That 80's Show ?
(I know there was an original That 80's Show, but got cancelled after a few episodes)
Anyway - looking forward to more Fez and Kelso and all the gang !
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:13 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Carnivale is looking to be cool, in a Twin Peaks fashion.
King of Queens should be good also, as with Everybody Loves Raymond.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:27 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking a while back, one of the stations said they are bringing on a chick version of "queer as folk"? whilst the male version was absolutley repulsive, I am quite looking forward to the female version...

anyone know whats it called?

The new Survivor startes tonight (I think), thats pretty good.

The only other show I like, is Monster Garage with that Jesse chap that makes those awesome chopper motorbikes.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:41 am
my arm aches

Originally posted by Yosser

The new Survivor startes tonight (I think), thats pretty good.
Nope, started last week. Through careful editing (I'm sure) they've established which is the cr@p team who don't plan anything and the devious team who work together well. Hopefully will be a good series.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:55 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
Nope, started last week. Through careful editing (I'm sure) they've established which is the cr@p team who don't plan anything and the devious team who work together well. Hopefully will be a good series.

Bugger, its started already ????

I was doing the washing up last night, but was only listening with one ear, I thought it started tonight.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:15 am

Originally posted by Stumpyguy
Carnivale on HBO is shaping up to be the X Files of the next few years. Good to see Adriene Barbeau working again.
Todd didn't get home from NY untill Monday and he asked me what had happened on that show... I had to think for about 5 minutes then confess I couldn't explain it.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:40 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Completely O/T, but BBC America has announced that they're not going to show Eastenders again after this weekend as it has been "underperforming".

Can't think why it doesn't appeal to Americans, it's such a cheerfully optimistic programme after all.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:52 am

Originally posted by DaveC
Completely O/T, but BBC America has announced that they're not going to show Eastenders again after this weekend as it has been "underperforming".

Can't think why it doesn't appeal to Americans, it's such a cheerfully optimistic programme after all.
OMG!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:54 am

Noooooooo, Click here

BBC America will air EastEnders for the last time on Saturday, September 27th at 1 - 3:30 pm/et, 10 am - 12:30 pm/pt.

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank those loyal fans who have supported the program. Unfortunately, Nielsen ratings show that EastEnders continues to underperform compared with the rest of our schedule.

BBC America's Vice President of Programming will be hosting a live chat on Monday, September 29th at 1 pm/et, 10 am/pt to answer viewer questions. We would be grateful if you could direct your comments and questions to the live chat. Please log-on to this page prior to the chat for the Web address.

How and where am I gonna watch it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.