British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   A septic poll (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/septic-poll-407552/)

Silly Sod Nov 11th 2006 8:21 pm

A septic poll

Gosh, I am a busy posting bee today aint I. Guess I just wanna be loved ha ha.
Anyway, was just wondering if any body's septic spouses find the rhyming slang 'septic tank' insulting? My wife is irked by it and I can see her point, especially when remembering that they don't have our sense of humour. She wonders why it cant be fish tank, or Sherman tank, or Barclay's bank (though we all know that means something different to us ha ha).
She isn't all hetup about it but does point out that a septic tank implies something that is chock full of sh*t.
Just wondered if any of the other Sherman tanks had mentioned this to their spouses over dinner or during a Barclay's? Though why you would want to discuss it over dinner I will never know :)

Rushman Nov 11th 2006 8:29 pm

Re: A septic poll

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
She isn't all hetup about it but does point out that a septic tank implies something that is chock full of sh*t.

and the problem with that is???

Rushman Nov 11th 2006 9:15 pm

Just for the record.......where is the poll that the thread title suggests is attched to this thread?

Silly Sod Nov 11th 2006 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Rushman
and the problem with that is???

Exactly my question. None the less, the poll stands.

BigDavyG Nov 11th 2006 9:26 pm

Anyway, was just wondering if any body's septic spouses find the rhyming slang 'septic tank' insulting? My wife is irked by it and I can see her point, especially when remembering that they don't have our sense of humour. She wonders why it cant be fish tank, or Sherman tank, or Barclay's bank (though we all know that means something different to us ha ha).
Just wondered if any of the other Sherman tanks had mentioned this to their spouses over dinner or during a Barclay's? Though why you would want to discuss it over dinner I will never know :)

A "Sherman Tank" also refers to something else entirely.
Perhaps she would prefer to be known as a "wooden one" as in "wooden plank".

Silly Sod Nov 11th 2006 9:27 pm

Just for the record.......where is the poll that the thread title suggests is attched to this thread?

Wha? the thread is the poll mate. It is simple really. Just let me know if you have experienced this with your partner. This isn't your US driving theory test - answer a) b) c) or all of the above lol.

Silly Sod Nov 11th 2006 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
A "Sherman Tank" also refers to something else entirely.
Perhaps she would prefer to be known as a "wooden one" as in "wooden plank".

Not really sure what she would rather be known as - just not a big tank full of sh*t really. So, to repeat, if anyone has anything to post that may be relevant to the question, go nuts.

gardnma Nov 11th 2006 9:49 pm

Yer, my Mrs doesn't like it - so I do it more. She also does not like "silly old moo" or "old bat".

Decorum prevents me from writing down her little terms of endearment for me.

gardnma Nov 11th 2006 9:50 pm

Oh, hello. :D

britvic Nov 11th 2006 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by gardnma
Yer, my Mrs doesn't like it - so I do it more. She also does not like "silly old moo" or "old bat".

We're still in the honeymoon period :o so no name calling of late, but the OH dont like Septic either, but Yank dont bother him at all.

gardnma Nov 11th 2006 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by britvic
We're still in the honeymoon period :o so no name calling of late, but the OH dont like Septic either, but Yank dont bother him at all.

What about "rebellious colonial half-breed"?

Yes, I know you are a bit busy at the mo - frankly surprised you have the energy to type. :D

Silly Sod Nov 11th 2006 9:58 pm

So, thank goodness I am not alone. I admire your stance by the way. However, as a newlywed I don't think I want to risk a sex ban at this point ha ha. I wasted (or not) my teens having Barclay's and I aint going back!!! :)

britvic Nov 11th 2006 10:03 pm

What about "rebellious colonial half-breed"?

Yes, I know you are a bit busy at the mo - frankly surprised you have the energy to type. :D

Funny Boy :D First comment thats my OH in a nut shell, he no longer feels like he belongs here anymore.

gardnma Nov 11th 2006 10:03 pm

So, thank goodness I am not alone. I admire your stance by the way. However, as a newlywed I don't think I want to risk a sex ban at this point ha ha. I wasted (or not) my teens having Barclay's and I aint going back!!! :)

Well, in 3 days we will be celebrating 14 years of wedded carnage (or is that cabbage?). Yes, wedded cabbage.

Anyway, a sex ban? Whats that? It all goes away after kids you know. :D
Do you know what hallway sex is?
Its when you've been married a while and you pass in the hallway and each says "Fu(k you".........

BTW, a great quote: "Its better to have loved and lost than spent your life wanking" Not sure who said that.

gardnma Nov 11th 2006 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by britvic
Funny Boy :D First comment thats my OH in a nut shell, he no longer feels like he belongs here anymore.

Vic, I am 39. If I'm a boy then you must be............ :D