Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sent to Vermont?

Sent to Vermont?

Old Jan 13th 2002, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

PriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to all

Hi,

Does anyone know if my immigrant visa and completed I-89 would have been sent to Vermont service center after I was processed for LPR at Newark [NJ] Int.l Airport [Dec 2001] ?

Does the airport you enter have any impact on the service center it is forwarded; for the greencard to be produced?

Thanks in advance,

PriZm.

Old Jan 14th 2002, 12:14 am
John Brooks

Hi I believe the service centre is determine by the geographical region you will be
living in, not by your point of entry...I stand to be corrected on this though. J

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 14th 2002, 12:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You've only been waiting about 5 weeks for your green card to arrive in the mail. Given them time. At least 6 months.

Rita

PS Even Vermont can run 6 weeks to 6 months.

Old Jan 14th 2002, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

PriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to all

Also been waiting 4 and half weeks for a social security number ).

Maybe i'll get the GC before my SSN - never know

PriZm.

Old Jan 14th 2002, 1:55 pm
Hippyhoppym

I used Newark as my POE but when my green card arrived in the mail it was sent from
the TSC? I don't know if this is the norm. Also, it arrived very quickly, about 6
weeks after I had entered the country. So, keep your fingers crossed.

Old Jan 14th 2002, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Hippyhoppym, you seem to have a point about greencards being sent from Texas if you enter thru Newark. Got it today, and as suspected - before I got a social security number! Hrmph

PriZm.

Old Jan 14th 2002, 11:08 pm
Betastar

What you're experiencing is VERY normal. You're probably nervous because this is
something you want very badly, which can change your life in dramatic ways, and
there's absolutely NOTHING you can do about it right now.

Makes me nervous remembering it

On 14 Jan 2002 16:40:24 -0500, Sharon <[email protected]> spake:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 15th 2002, 5:27 pm
Tori

Hi Sharon. I know exactly how you feel. My fiance will be having his interview soon
too. We will probably find out exactly when on February 1st. I am the one who is
driving myself crazy. This whole process has done a number on my emotions. Now that
we are almost there. So close, at the end. I am terrified. Losing him forever is more
real to me now more than ever, and I am so scared sometimes. It makes me so angry
that the government can tell me wether or not I can be with the man that I love. BUT
the most frustrating part is that there is nothing that you can do about it. You
can't. You just have to wait for the answer. It is so close right in front of you!
Pray, because prayer works! Good luck at your interview, and I hope that all your
dreams come true! Tori

[email protected] (Betastar)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >My interview is getting closer and closer, thankfully! I know it advises not to,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >but, I booked my flight ticket for two days after the interview.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >However, I'm nervous. Why? I don't know Are these feelings perfectly normal?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >I've checked, double checked and triple chcked my forms and supporting documents[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >for the interview, even bought a file from W H Smiths to keep it all neat and tidy[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >with little inserts *grins*.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Still though I'm driving my other half nuts when I keep saying "What if I don't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >get the visa?". My interview is in London. Did everyone else feel this way who[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >went through the K1 experience?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >--[/usenetquote2]