Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sent off my British passport for renewal..

Sent off my British passport for renewal..

Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:15 pm
Banned

Blunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sent off my British passport for renewal..

I sent my passport (together with the renewal form, original passport, credit card authorisation form, and two UK-size photographs, one verified by my boss) to the Washington office on February 9 2010. I listed my travel date as March 10.

As of February 19, no payment has been processed, which is basically the 10 day turnaround they aim to have your application in the system.

I will keep you guys updated as by default, I think I am now the most recent person to send in a passport renewal. Thanks.

PS> British citizen, moved to Texas in 2005, now a permanent resident through marriage. My UK passport expired last month.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

SEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to beholdSEL_boy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sent off my British passport for renewal..

I'm just about to send mine in for renewal too. Race you!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blunder
As of February 19, no payment has been processed, which is basically the 10 day turnaround they aim to have your application in the system.
You seem confused. Hopefully, this message will help explain the confusion: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=469. From the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Ian
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

LCinToronto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, today I received my British passport back from Washington so thought you might like to know how long it took me..I posted it from Toronto on January 12th, they took payment about 10 working days later and I got it today Feb 19th! so about 5 1/2 weeks in total (with a closure in Washington because of the snow) good luck!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Boss Hog is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my passport (together with the renewal form, original passport, credit card authorisation form, and two UK-size photographs, one verified by my boss) to the Washington office on February 9 2010. I listed my travel date as March 10.

I will keep you guys updated as by default, I think I am now the most recent person to send in a passport renewal. Thanks.

PS> British citizen, moved to Texas in 2005, now a permanent resident through marriage. My UK passport expired last month.
I am a conditional PR through marriage in the US. I also need to renew my passport. Do I need to do anything 'special' other than a regular renewal? I hear that my new passport will have a new number. Would this affect my PR status at all or how my card works the next time I leave and re-enter the US?

Cheers!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boss Hog
I am a conditional PR through marriage...
You are a PR with conditions on your status... a subtle but important difference!

Do I need to do anything 'special' other than a regular renewal?
Nope!

I hear that my new passport will have a new number.
Yes.

Would this affect my PR status at all or how my card works the next time I leave and re-enter the US?
Nope!

Ian
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Boss Hog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You are a PR with conditions on your status... a subtle but important difference!

Nope!

Yes.

Nope!

Ian
Thank You!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Brit78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine arrived at the embassy on February 2nd and my credit card has still not been charged either. No idea what is going on. Rather frustrating I must say. Just a simple renewal.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 4:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Brit78
Mine arrived at the embassy on February 2nd and my credit card has still not been charged either. No idea what is going on. Rather frustrating I must say. Just a simple renewal.
Yes no credit card charge for me yet either and I sent mine on the 9th. I told them my travel date is March 10 so they better get a move on.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Yes no credit card charge for me yet either and I sent mine on the 9th. I told them my travel date is March 10 so they better get a move on.

I know there was snow there, but seriously. Mine has been there for 3 WEEKS and the process hasn't even started yet? That's just ridiculous.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 2:09 pm
Banned

Feb 25 and still nothing, not even taken payment.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Swisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud of

we sent off a passport renewal for my son about end Jan. CC was charged Feb 3rd, new passport received back today
Old Feb 25th 2010, 3:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Swisstony
we sent off a passport renewal for my son about end Jan. CC was charged Feb 3rd, new passport received back today
Really? This doesn't seem right for me. A Simple renewal and it's been over two weeks and payment hasn't even gone through? Who can I call to check on this and see if it's even been received? Hope FedEx didn't lose the bloody thing.

Can I still get an emergency passport from my local passport office if my original is in Washington waiting for renewal?
Old Feb 25th 2010, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

My card was finally charged yesterday after they have had my passport for 22 days. So I guess now the 4 weeks starts.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

Blunder, I am almost on the same timeline as you - they received my renewal application on Feb 9th. I also have heard nothing and have not had my credit card charged. Reading through the posts here has at least made me realise it's not just me, which is a bit of a relief, even if the delay is not.

Brit78, have you received yours back yet?