Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sending Money from UK to US

Sending Money from UK to US

Old Dec 5th 2015, 3:23 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending Money from UK to US

I did a transfer with TransferWise last night and saw a change in their process I hadn't seen before.

If you send them the money you are exchanging within 24 hours of booking the transaction you are guaranteed the rate at the time you booked. For me that removes my major objection to using them, that you cannot lock a rate in. If you take longer than 24 hours to pay them you get the exchange rate on the day they actually send the dollars to you.

https://transferwise.com/support/cus...0504-rate-lock

Last edited by lansbury; Dec 5th 2015 at 3:30 pm. Reason: added link
Old Dec 8th 2015, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I did a transfer with TransferWise last night and saw a change in their process I hadn't seen before. If you send them the money you are exchanging within 24 hours of booking the transaction you are guaranteed the rate at the time you booked. For me that removes my major objection to using them, that you cannot lock a rate in. If you take longer than 24 hours to pay them you get the exchange rate on the day they actually send the dollars to you. https://transferwise.com/support/cus...0504-rate-lock
Useful info. thanks!
Old Dec 9th 2015, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone please tell me if TransferWise send GBP to the US by ACH?
Old Dec 9th 2015, 3:42 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
Can someone please tell me if TransferWise send GBP to the US by ACH?
Yes that is their standard method.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 3:45 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Is that a change? I thought I recalled you previously saying they only did credits by wire.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Is that a change? I thought I recalled you previously saying they only did credits by wire.
I don't recall saying that about TransferWise. World First only seem to do wire transfer and I recall saying I have them send to my Chase account where I get free wire transfers. Unless I posted something after sampling some single malt and it was my usual gibberish..

Had a TransferWise deposit go into my credit union account Monday and that was ACH by default.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 3:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I don't recall saying that about TransferWise. World First only seem to do wire transfer and I recall saying I have them send to my Chase account where I get free wire transfers. .....
That was it.
Old Dec 9th 2015, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that info.