Reload this Page >

Sending money back to a UK bank account

Sending money back to a UK bank account

Old Mar 3rd 2014, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Abfab10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sending money back to a UK bank account

Hi everyone,

If you were sending a one off payment of 450 dollars to your UK bank account, what is the cheapest and best way to send it?

Abbie
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sending money back to a UK bank account

I use xe.com to send money to the UK every month. It normally takes about 10 days. You can do it faster buy you have to pay fees for that.
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 10:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ja5on
I use xe.com to send money to the UK every month. It normally takes about 10 days. You can do it faster buy you have to pay fees for that.
I've used xe.com in both directions, but annecdotally I hear that other services may be cheaper now, such as xoom.com, or World First, .... or search BE posts for other recommendations (search for threads containing <xe.com>).
Old Mar 4th 2014, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I've used xe.com in both directions, but annecdotally I hear that other services may be cheaper now, such as xoom.com, or World First, .... or search BE posts for other recommendations (search for threads containing <xe.com>).
+1 for XE.com. Not saying that it is the absolute cheapest but it works well for me and I use it quite a bit.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

I used XE this week and it worked well
Old Mar 4th 2014, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

+1 XE, very easy to use and reliable.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

I have used HiFX, and I'm also registered on XE. However, I found USForex (or UKForex if you're still in the UK) gave a significantly better rate when I transferred most of my UK savings to the US last year. I would compare rates and then decide.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Owen778
I have used HiFX, and I'm also registered on XE. However, I found USForex (or UKForex if you're still in the UK) gave a significantly better rate when I transferred most of my UK savings to the US last year. I would compare rates and then decide.
I used to use HiFx but in 2012 I received an email from them saying that they could longer service customers that only had a US address. (Because of FATCA I believe).

That was when I switched to xe.com
Old Mar 4th 2014, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durham_lad
I used to use HiFx but in 2012 I received an email from them saying that they could longer service customers that only had a US address. (Because of FATCA I believe).

I used them in the UK shortly before I moved over, so you may be right.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Owen778
I used them in the UK shortly before I moved over, so you may be right.
Surprisingly, I still have the email they sent,

Restriction of our service to USA based clients

Regrettably I write to inform you that, due to changes in legislation, we will be unable to continue to offer our international money transfer services to clients located in the United States of America (USA). As a result, any existing transactions that you have outstanding with HiFX will be completed in the normal way, however you will be unable to undertake any new transfers.

Below we have anticipated some of the questions you may have.

Q: Can I still access my online account?
A: Yes. While you will be unable to undertake further FX transactions with HiFX, you can still login to your account and enabling you to have full access to review both current and historical transactions.

Q: What happens to my existing FX transactions?
A: Simply complete the contract as normal. Please ensure you deliver your funds by the agreed value date and we will pay your purchased funds to the nominated beneficiary.

Q: What do I do if I have a Market Order in place?
A: As the outcome of a market order is an FX transaction we will unfortunately need to cancel any outstanding Market Orders you have. We shall, if we have not already done so, be calling you directly.

Q: What if I am no longer located in the USA?
A: Simply provide us with your new proof of address and you will be able to continue to use our services as normal.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to email us: [email protected] or call us on +44 (0)1753 859159.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. We will of course let you know should we resume our services to US based clients. In the meantime, thank you for your support and understanding.

Kind regards.

Alistair Scott
Head of Private Client Services
Old Mar 4th 2014, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Abfab10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone!

I have left fit a bit late as I'm flying on Friday but I'm giving World first a try. Their rates are good and so far they are easy to deal with.

I will let you know if any problems occur!
Old Mar 4th 2014, 5:36 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Currencies Direct can transfer money for you, a contact of mine is [email protected] . She's lovely and very helpful.

We've also used world first with no problems Usually same day/next day. good rates.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durham_lad

Lots of firms have been struggling with regulations and licensing, often state specific too. Someone mentioned one in a recent thread stopping in Oregon. Some of these forex firms are not licensed in all states and therefore cannot serve you if you are resident particular states.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

captainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond repute

I use xoom.com - very easy and quick.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 5:54 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I've been using xoom.com for a couple of years to send the odd bob to son at university. It's usually in his account within an hour. Costs $4.99 for up to $2,999.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.