Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sending money back to the UK

Sending money back to the UK

Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

John Murray will become famous soon enoughJohn Murray will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sending money back to the UK

We used xetrade to transfer the proceeds of the sale of our house in the UK - the service takes a bit of work to set-up, but it's worth it. I also use xetrade to send a few dollars back to my UK bank each month to cover a personal loan in the UK that I'm still paying off.

The best alternative I can think of is Paypal - but you'd need a US Paypal Account for taking the dollars out of, and a UK Paypal Account for transferring to your UK bank. The exchange rates aren't as good as xe trade.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending money back to the UK

There's also http://www.hifx.com/ But most seem to go with XE, it's a safe bet, even if there site does look like a 12 year old knocked it up, it is a safe website though.