Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sending flowers

Sending flowers

Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:20 am
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sending flowers

I have found a really good site for sending flowers:

http://www.proflowers.com/landingSea...RD=pro+flowers

They have some wonderful deals and the shipping is not much more than you would pay the Intaflora equivalent to deliver flowers for you. A girl I work with was sent 12 roses by her husband via this company for Mother's Day, they arrived by FedEx and each rose was individually wrapped. Vase is supplied too. She said they lasted about three weeks.

I recently sent an assortment of flowers to a friend who was in hospital. They arrived the day they said they would and she was thrilled to bits. She had them for about three weeks.

When you order they give you a tracking number and also email to confirm they have been delivered and whether handed personally to the recipient or left on the doorstep.

Their webpage says they deliver internationally too, but I have yet to try them out.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:13 am
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending flowers

Originally Posted by Lynne
I have found a really good site for sending flowers:

http://www.proflowers.com/landingSea...RD=pro+flowers

They have some wonderful deals and the shipping is not much more than you would pay the Intaflora equivalent to deliver flowers for you. A girl I work with was sent 12 roses by her husband via this company for Mother's Day, they arrived by FedEx and each rose was individually wrapped. Vase is supplied too. She said they lasted about three weeks.

I recently sent an assortment of flowers to a friend who was in hospital. They arrived the day they said they would and she was thrilled to bits. She had them for about three weeks.

When you order they give you a tracking number and also email to confirm they have been delivered and whether handed personally to the recipient or left on the doorstep.

Their webpage says they deliver internationally too, but I have yet to try them out.

great to know!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Another site that is great is flyingflowers.com

I sent my Mum flowers for her birthday a few weeks back, she said they're still going strong, delivered in a box, beautiful blooms. and a great price..
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:48 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to let you all into a little secret

First, any of these on-line companies typically use a local florist and/or charge a large markup. I know a number of local florists that just stop working with companies like Interflora because they take such a large fee (read - this equals LESS flowers).

The secret is http://www.bt.com/index.jsp - click on find a business, FLORIST and enter a post code. OK, not a secret - a good tip though maybe!

You'll get the numbers of ALL the local florists. Call them direct (for your 3p or 5p a minute) and get GREAT value, GREAT flowers and LOW fees (delivery only). I've even used a local UK florists once, a day before Mothers Day and got flowers delivered in Stevenage after pleading I was in the USA with no back-up plan

And customer service - boy - it's HEAVEN to hear a lovely British Accent..
Old Sep 6th 2006, 1:04 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

I've been using bunches.co.uk lately and they are fantastic. Great prices and good quality stuff. I sent my mum some orchids and they lasted 6 weeks! I would always use them over local florists unless I know the florist is any good.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 1:39 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
I would always use them over local florists unless I know the florist is any good.
I concur but most "local" florists are pretty good (especially if they have been around for years and go out of there way to help you, last minute etc.,). If you have other family in the same town, it helps get an idea of the top ones. Also, flowers are strange things and a local florist is more apt to fixing a problem quickly.

ALthough, I have never been let down yet and I've been using the local UK florists since I've lived in the USA. Since most UK local florists say "Interflora" on the door, your cutting out the middle man

Most people *IN* the UK use a local florist, rather than the internet...

Last edited by franc11s; Sep 6th 2006 at 1:41 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 3:43 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
I've been using bunches.co.uk lately and they are fantastic. Great prices and good quality stuff. I sent my mum some orchids and they lasted 6 weeks! I would always use them over local florists unless I know the florist is any good.

I've used bunches - cheap, efficient and good range
Old Sep 6th 2006, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

Bunches.co.uk is very good also used Tesco on line and recently sent flowers from Marks and Spencers on line all the above are great value.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 4:21 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sentosa
Bunches.co.uk is very good also used Tesco on line and recently sent flowers from Marks and Spencers on line all the above are great value.

M&S are very good at giving a quick refund too, if the flowers are below par or dont last very long.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 4:42 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

So it's just me who looks up the local florist to my Mum's house and phones them direct I suppose it could be worse I could phone the local garage
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Who's died ...why are you all buying flowers....
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:20 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Who's died ...why are you all buying flowers....

I take it Joycee doesn't get too many bouquets nowadays
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:41 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
I take it Joycee doesn't get too many bouquets nowadays
Nah!!! she ain't dead .....
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:14 pm
Junior Showtime

Originally Posted by Ray
Nah!!! she ain't dead .....
Meanie
Old Sep 7th 2006, 2:59 pm
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Meanie
Blessed are ye when men shall reproach you, and persecute you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets that were before you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.