Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Selling a business in the US

Selling a business in the US

Old Dec 7th 2007, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

ShelleyMan will become famous soon enough
Default Selling a business in the US

Hi - does anyone know of agents in the UK who sell businesses in the US?

Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2007, 3:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling a business in the US

Originally Posted by ShelleyMan
Hi - does anyone know of agents in the UK who sell businesses in the US?

Thanks
You should find a few scammers at it ...

do it properly

http://www.bizbuysell.com/ or similar
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why woud you be interested in selling in the UK? A tiny potential market.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:17 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
You should find a few scammers at it ...

do it properly

http://www.bizbuysell.com/ or similar
You just lost a 10% mug finders fee from me sunshine.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:19 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
You just lost a 10% mug finders fee from me sunshine.
I could have got myslf 20%
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
I could have got myslf 20%
20% of $50 or 10% of $5000

Do the maths
Old Dec 12th 2007, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

delrosa is an unknown quantity at this point

what type of business are you selling?
Old Dec 12th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by delrosa
what type of business are you selling?
maybe he wants to buy?
Old Dec 12th 2007, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Moved to Central Florida in August. Husband on an E2 Visa working in construction and I am bored at home!

I am on the look out for a business to buy or get involved in as I am not having any luck via the usual employment route. Tried Monster and Career Builder but no-one bothers to reply. I read on another forum that many of the positions on these job sites are bogus or they will only employ USC.

I have a Masters in Information Systems Design and over 10 years experience working as a business analyst and latterly application support manager back in the UK. Anyway escaped London and the rat race so don't particularly want get into corporate American life here.

I realise I need to be careful about finding the right opportunity as there are many scammers looking to take advantage of a green Brit.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 10:35 pm
Ray

Moved to Central Florida in August. Husband on an E2 Visa working in construction and I am bored at home!

I am on the look out for a business to buy or get involved in as I am not having any luck via the usual employment route. Tried Monster and Career Builder but no-one bothers to reply. I read on another forum that many of the positions on these job sites are bogus or they will only employ USC.

I have a Masters in Information Systems Design and over 10 years experience working as a business analyst and latterly application support manager back in the UK. Anyway escaped London and the rat race so don't particularly want get into corporate American life here.

I realise I need to be careful about finding the right opportunity as there are many scammers looking to take advantage of a green Brit.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Presuming you already have your EAD ....

Brimng you ideals down ... initially ...plenty of work in Orlando
Old Dec 12th 2007, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, don't understand your second sentence. Yes have EAD.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 10:41 pm
Ray

Sorry, don't understand your second sentence. Yes have EAD.
Look for a lesser position to start with ....

even with Disney