Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Self Employed in the US and getting paid in the UK

Self Employed in the US and getting paid in the UK

Old May 5th 2020, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self Employed in the US and getting paid in the UK

EAD on its way could be a long time in the future. I would consult with your CPA as to what structure etc is best to meet your needs, quite a few options.
Old May 5th 2020, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Something to think about is NI Contributions when you are out of the UK. See the thread here on "Class 2 NICS"
Old May 6th 2020, 12:43 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
EAD on its way could be a long time in the future. I would consult with your CPA as to what structure etc is best to meet your needs, quite a few options.
are there?
sounds like sole proprietor is the way to go. She can turn it into LLC if she wants to and if she starts earning $$ then she can elect to file as an S corp. But right now, with one client and low overhead/running costs, why make it complicated?
Old May 6th 2020, 2:09 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise View Post
are there?
sounds like sole proprietor is the way to go. She can turn it into LLC if she wants to and if she starts earning $$ then she can elect to file as an S corp. But right now, with one client and low overhead/running costs, why make it complicated?
I still feel that the OP possibly does not need anything as formal as a sole proprietorship. Just working as an independent contractor is all she needs.
Old May 6th 2020, 2:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure there is sufficient information to make a comment hence my suggestion.