British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   See Ya Sunday (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/see-ya-sunday-186582/)

doctor scrumpy Oct 23rd 2003 5:27 am

See Ya Sunday

Good morning one & all. Just online before I set off to the embassy for the visa. Won't be online again till Sunday.

So all play nice now !!

Cheers

Doc

whatever Oct 23rd 2003 10:57 am

Re: See Ya Sunday

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Good morning one & all. Just online before I set off to the embassy for the visa. Won't be online again till Sunday.

So all play nice now !!

Cheers

Doc
How bizarre! We were going to the London Embassy today too but changed our minds last minute and decided to go tomorrow instead.... we probably would have walked past you and not even have known!!! Do post or pm me on Sunday - love to hear what happened :)

PrincessofWales Oct 23rd 2003 1:02 pm

Scrumpy, I suspect you will have far spicier things to catch up with when you hit the Virginian tarmac on Sunday than touching base with us lot.

Hope it all goes well at the Embassy and have a great flight!

PoW

BrigieDarling Oct 23rd 2003 1:05 pm

Just noticed that you are getting married Scrumpy! What an exciting year this is for you!

Lots and lots of good luck to you!

Pimpbot Oct 23rd 2003 5:53 pm

Have a great flight this weekend. Welcome to the US.

HunterGreen Oct 23rd 2003 6:00 pm

Hope everything goes well for you at the embassy! Have a safe flight and, uhm, enjoy the welcome home! :D *blush* lol

PS - hope the trip will go well for your dog too. :)

doctor scrumpy Oct 27th 2003 8:37 am

Thanks one & all.

Arrived last night, and was ushered into the room with my brown envelope full of documents. Sat there for 5 minutes in line for my turn with the INS officials. All of a sudden a lady walks in, starts chatting to the officials before calling me over.

Seems my dog was barking so much, they rushed me through to save them all headaches. VIP or what ???

And to cap it all, I was welcomed by heavy rain. Who says these Virginians don't make you think of home straight away.

Jan Alaska Oct 27th 2003 9:13 am

YaY Scrumpy and dog welcome !!!

Jan :)

HunterGreen Oct 27th 2003 10:20 am

I'm glad you both survived the trip well, and that the entry went smooth.

Elaine :)

ladyofthelake Oct 27th 2003 12:10 pm

http://www.discodelic.netfirms.com/happy-claphands1.gif Yah! Good to hear the trip went well and the dog gave 'em hell!

whatever Oct 27th 2003 12:50 pm

Thanks one & all.

Arrived last night, and was ushered into the room with my brown envelope full of documents. Sat there for 5 minutes in line for my turn with the INS officials. All of a sudden a lady walks in, starts chatting to the officials before calling me over.

Seems my dog was barking so much, they rushed me through to save them all headaches. VIP or what ???

And to cap it all, I was welcomed by heavy rain. Who says these Virginians don't make you think of home straight away.

Hey Congratulations!!!! You made it!!!!! :D

BrigieDarling Oct 27th 2003 12:57 pm

I heard they ordered tnat rain especially for you!

Welcome... and have a great time here!
:)

doctor scrumpy Oct 27th 2003 12:59 pm

Well Dulles airport was somewhat wetter when Laddie decided he needed a pee too.

He has christened his first American tree this morning. Seemed to find them as practical as any tree back in England.

BrigieDarling Oct 27th 2003 1:03 pm

I wonder if the other dogs will sniff that ree and comment on his accent?

doctor scrumpy Oct 27th 2003 1:05 pm

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
I wonder if the other dogs will sniff that ree and comment on his accent?

It will smell of the Southdown's chalk.