Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Secondry Insepction at Border

Secondry Insepction at Border

Old May 25th 2012, 11:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secondry Insepction at Border

Went through it when I came over on the K1.

It was shit because the airport was being renovated and there wasn't any AC and I was stuck in a pokey little lounge area with about 10 people who were being bounced back to the Bahamas or somewhere there abouts. Was there for about an hour, my name is very common and it flagged something or other up.

Had a mate who was coming to my wedding, he was supposed to then get a connecting flight to Bangor, Maine.

When they called the contact number on his I-94, he had transposed a couple of numbers around and the number didn't work, so he was taken to secondary and they wouldn't let him ring anyone else or get to his bag. So he couldn't ring my mobile or anything.

He was held up for 4 hours until they could find someone that could be bothered to get his bag to look at his address book and to call us to verify he was coming to our wedding.

The delay meant his missed the connecting flight and as it was now late, he missed my stag do, sleeping in the airport and getting the first flight out.

One of the missus cousins, she drove the 1.5hr out at the crack of dawn to pick him up at the airport and back, while he got dressed in the back of her car. Interesting way to meet the extended family. He made it to the wedding with about 5 minutes to spare and I had another mate ready to be a replacement best man in case he didn't make it, so ended up with two best men
Old May 26th 2012, 2:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I have entering Canada, it was overall very boring. I went inside, sat in a chair for 15 minutes while the lady at the counter typed at a computer, then she gave me my PR Card back and said have a nice day.

Didn't search the car, or my luggage and no idea what she was typing. I assume they were verifying I still met the residency requirements as my PR card had expired.
Old May 27th 2012, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
get to his bag. So he couldn't ring my mobile or anything.
I had to wait until I was done being interviewed until I could collect my luggage too... I must admitt I was bricking it!