Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

secondment to usa- pension queery

secondment to usa- pension queery

Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:24 am
Just Joined

frozen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default secondment to usa- pension queery

Is it possible to be transferred to usa with current employer for a period of 2-3 years and still pay into the uk company pension scheme?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:37 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: secondment to usa- pension queery

Originally Posted by frozen View Post
Is it possible to be transferred to usa with current employer for a period of 2-3 years and still pay into the uk company pension scheme?
Your pension office are the ones to ask ...
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:47 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frozen View Post
My company did it for me. I guess it's down to them what they are able to arrange for you. They also paid National Insurance contributions and there's some reciprocal agreement where you can prevent US social security payments being taken out of your pay for up to 5 years.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:54 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just like to congratulate you on your spelling of query. It certainly made me smile.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:19 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000 View Post
I'd just like to congratulate you on your spelling of query. It certainly made me smile.

My hubby is paying into his UK pension and having his NI credits paid by his company back in the UK
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's down to your company and how your contract is drawn up.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

rew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud of

The book I have suggests that it's possible to stay in your employer's UK scheme (and have employer's contributions paid), but that it might not be possible for you to pay contributions if you have no UK earnings.