Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Second Hand Lions

Wikiposts

Second Hand Lions

Old Oct 17th 2003, 2:12 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Second Hand Lions

If you have no interest in seeing Texas Chainsaw Massacre (those who saw the original probably have no desire) then go and see second hand lions with Michael Caine. We saw it today and its ver good!

Patrick
Old Oct 17th 2003, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I thought this was a comment on the Detroit football tream at first. Mangiest Lions outside of Baghdad zoo !
Old Oct 18th 2003, 12:18 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second Hand Lions

Originally posted by Patrick
If you have no interest in seeing Texas Chainsaw Massacre (those who saw the original probably have no desire) then go and see second hand lions with Michael Caine. We saw it today and its ver good!

Patrick
We saw it too, and it was quite good, not a great classic, but not at all bad either.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 2:23 am
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Kill Bill's on my list.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 3:59 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pulaski
We saw it too, and it was quite good, not a great classic, but not at all bad either.
I think this year has been particularly bad for good films, apart from Pirates of the Caribean there have been very few good films. Uptown girls wasn't too bad but I cried the whole way through it.

Matrix reloaded was such a disappointment, why all of a sudden have they made Keanu Reeves Jesus and Agent Smith the Devil - why go Biblical on us? Italian job was OK, but it had too much to live up to.

View from the Top and T3 - I would rather circumcise myself with a rusty chainsaw than have to sit through them again.

Patrick
Old Oct 18th 2003, 10:51 am
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

I thought T3 was really good - excellent action, although why she could carry complex weapons through the time-hole wasnt explained, I thought Matrix Reloaded was great too, but a little more thought required for that one than the original to try and work out where it was leading, Finding Nemo was really cute and quite funny, and Pirates was good but not GREAT............
Old Oct 18th 2003, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Well I loved Pirates, I thought Johnny Depp was amazing.

Terminator 3 has been my favourite in the action genre for the year thus far, Matrix Reloaded was ok but couldn't compete on any level with the first. X-men 2 was enjoyable and better than the Matrix in my opinion, School of Rock was funny and enjoyable but not great.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico was alright, I'm going to see Kill Bill tomorrow evening but I am less enthusiastic now than I was originally as several people have told me it has boring parts.

I went to see Lost in Translation last weekend and I just loved it. Bill Murray is just fantastic, his facial expressions outstanding.

There is a scene in a gym which almost made me cry with laughter. It's a thought provoking easy going film, not fast paced or adventurous but I'd highly recommend it - but not if all you are looking for is action. It's not that type of film at all.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 1:35 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by snorkmaiden
Well I loved Pirates, I thought Johnny Depp was amazing. .....
Me too, Pirates was one of the funniest films I have seen in several years.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 2:52 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by waxwabbit
I thought T3 was really good - excellent action, although why she could carry complex weapons through the time-hole wasnt explained.
The weapons were part of her endo-skeleton, and encased in the simulated living tissue outer-skin when she came through.[/nerd]

The traditional Terminator could smuggle a plasma pistol through in it's stomach cavity if it 'wanted' to; in one of the expanded universe books, Skynet sent a human guinea pig with a plasma rifle encased in his torso, along with a Terminator. The human was subsequently torn apart to get at the rifle.[/MajorNerd]
Old Oct 18th 2003, 5:23 pm
Emm
BE Enthusiast

Emm is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to say that Matrix reloaded was a pile of pants when compared to the first one but the Keanu Revves bum shot was pretty good though...

The remake of the Italian Job was great though, different enough from the first one to make it interesting and I liked all the up-to-date references. All in all a good film.

Emm.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Emm
I have to say that Matrix reloaded was a pile of pants when compared to the first one but the Keanu Revves bum shot was pretty good though...

The remake of the Italian Job was great though, different enough from the first one to make it interesting and I liked all the up-to-date references. All in all a good film.

Emm.

The Italian job was absolute shite, the original was the epitome of the 60s. I hear they also plan to remake Passport To Pimlico with Jim (talentless) Carrey. Another awful film which will sully the repuation of an Elstree classic.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 5:19 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Patrick
<snip> then go and see second hand lions with Michael Caine. We saw it today and its ver good!

Patrick
Yep! I thought Robert Duvall was pretty good too. Another one was, "Open Range" with Robert Duvall and Kevin Costner. Both movies quite enjoyable.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 8:28 am
Pagan Sex God

I have a question about T3 (and T2 for that matter) If they have made these super advanced machines why don't they send them back (as they a ****ing time machine) to the same time as the first Terminator then you would have 3 awsome Terminators going after John Connor before he is born - Its not Brain Science!

The trouble with Matrix Reloaded was it wasn't a movie in its own right. The other problem is that they have made Keanu Jesus and Agent Smith the Devil - its got too Biblical.

I saw Runaway Jury last night, great film, better than SHL. Go and see that instead of TCM.

Patrick
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 4:10 am
Emm
BE Enthusiast

Emm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
The Italian job was absolute shite, the original was the epitome of the 60s.
Just goes to show that one movie cannot appeal to all. What is great entertainment to one can be "absolute shite" to another

BTW does adding an 'e' to the end of 'shit' make it more acceptable or should 'shite' be seen as a different word altogether? Just a thought...

Emm.