Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Seattle, Portland, or somewhere else?

Seattle, Portland, or somewhere else?

Old Sep 22nd 2012, 3:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seattle, Portland, or somewhere else?

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
I couldn't tell you everything he does, as I'm not up on the terminologies. He's in the MySQL DBA and Linux Administration market. Those positions seem to be more plentiful out in Seattle, Portland, and TX. I don't know if he's looked at MA. I'm not sure I want to live in the NorthEast though. It's rather crowded. I'll tell him to take a look up that way though.
It is if you're looking to live in Boston, but the tech companies are also based in the burbs, Bedford, Burlington, Natick, Framingham, Westborough, Wayland and you've got Google and Monster based in Maynard.

It's just another option to throw at you...Cisco, Novell, IBM, Sophos, MS, Adobe, Autodesk, Dassault Systemes, BAE, Raytheon, Intel, Amazon are just a small handful of some of the larger companies based around the burbs.