Reload this Page >

Seattle to Atlanta?

Seattle to Atlanta?

Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

whiterabbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Seattle to Atlanta?

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I do like diversity, and I have it in my life. I do have one or two Republican friends and I enjoy debating with them. I even have one friend who tries to drag me to NASCAR races (and she's a Republican too!). But I would not want to be surrounded by them, and have their opinions and sentiments be the overriding message I hear every day.

What's interesting about SF is that it has possibly the highest house prices and the highest incomes in the nation. So you'd think people there would vote with their Pocket Book, and vote for Bush tax cuts, less government, etc - but no, they still overwhelmingly vote Democrat despite the very real impact on their incomes. That tells me they have conscience.
More like liberal elitists who already have enough money and are so arrogant that they think they know whats best for everyone else. Kind of like Islington in London where every one votes labour yet sends their kids to private school.

Back in the real world I think Atlanta is one of the best US cities to live in if you are a middle income (120k-250k) family. It truly is now an international city especially in Midtown etc and has one of the best job markets in the country. Seattle is also a great place to live but your dollar doesn't go as far and I don't think the job market is quite as good.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:28 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seattle to Atlanta?

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I have another memory of being in a meeting in ATL ... a question came up in a meeting, and one woman went silent before answering ... finally she answered. When asked, she said, "I had to consult God before giving an answer". True story!
If I had to consult God before posting... I wouldn't post anything.