Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is Sears the equivalent of Debenhams or Argos?

Wikiposts

Is Sears the equivalent of Debenhams or Argos?

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by edwords
Trader Joe's is good, too.
Thats funny you mention them, as I was just taking the garbage out, when I opened the lid of the trash bin and saw two huge Trader Joe's bags. Made me kinda curious as to what this store/restaurant was? Now I am even more curious!
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NC Penguin
UK Woolworths = US's Walmart

For the record, I prefer Walmart over Target. However, I'm not down at Walmart every weekend like many Americans.

Is there a US equivalent of Boots the Chemist? I can't think of a chain I know of.]

Can't help popping into walmart all the time I have a small one (half everything/half food) 15 minutes WALK from my house - ideal for my visitors - they can't understand the fact that people don't walk to the shops in Texas - Dad has to have his daily fix when he's over - He and Mum walk to Walmart every morning when they are visiting. They come back loaded with goodies like iced cinnamon rolls etc. They can't understand why they put so much weight on after their visit
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of iced cinnamon rolls, there's a Cinnabon's right down the road from where I live. They specialize in cinnamon rolls, fresh from the oven, with freshly made icing. I usally get a coupla of extra containers of icing, along with my box of cinnamon rolls.

BTW, do your parents do the same thing over in the UK, or do they wait until they get over here before pigging out?

Last edited by Jabba1; Oct 23rd 2003 at 8:25 pm.