Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Screen doors make me scream

Screen doors make me scream

Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:50 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Screen doors make me scream

Can anybody tell me how long you have to live here before you stop walking into the screen door? I do it everyday and even my missus no longer finds it amusing or endearing. I actually broke her fathers screen door last week - they were all very nice about it but I felt like a bit of a tw*t (or twod as my OH says).
And why do americans seem to think that you are perfectly safe in your bed so long as the screen door is closed. Are these people insane?!?!??
Oh so much to learn ((
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:01 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Screen doors make me scream

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Can anybody tell me how long you have to live here before you stop walking into the screen door? I do it everyday and even my missus no longer finds it amusing or endearing. I actually broke her fathers screen door last week - they were all very nice about it but I felt like a bit of a tw*t (or twod as my OH says).
And why do americans seem to think that you are perfectly safe in your bed so long as the screen door is closed. Are these people insane?!?!??
Oh so much to learn ((
Late last night I heard the screen door slam
And a big yellow taxi took away my old man...
When I heard that song years ago, I didnt know what a screen door was!
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:08 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Memoties of a really old sparks song:-

A picket fence, I leaped it
Through your screen door, I gotta meet you...

It's about OPERA!
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:14 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
Late last night I heard the screen door slam
And a big yellow taxi took away my old man...
When I heard that song years ago, I didnt know what a screen door was!
The screen door slams, Mary's dress waves...........Bruce Springsteen. They do like their screen doors over here don't they ha ha
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Oh so much to learn ((
They are a pain yes, especially getting back in with bag's of shopping, so if you put it on the hold thing then you just end up with a house full of flies My front door is locked as well and the screen door being shut at all times while I'm in the house, best to be on the safe side
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:28 am
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by britvic
They are a pain yes, especially getting back in with bag's of shopping, so if you put it on the hold thing then you just end up with a house full of flies My front door is locked as well and the screen door being shut at all times while I'm in the house, best to be on the safe side
My lovely wife to be always goes to bed and forgets to lock the door, and this after months and months of UK living!! They are so trusting in the mid-west!!! lol
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

My lovely wife to be always goes to bed and forgets to lock the door, and this after months and months of UK living!! They are so trusting in the mid-west!!! lol
Well it's best you dont change your ways to much then, at least you'll sleep better
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:39 am
Bugger Off!

Well it's best you dont change your ways to much then, at least you'll sleep better
I would if not for this bloody flu and the constant diet of Tacos that has got me up and down all night, oh dear, you don't wanna know!! he he
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:43 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Err...it's f**king September people..you can take the bloody things off now for a few months if you live above the Mason Dixon.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:45 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

"Somewhere a screen door slammed
Somewhere, someplace, somebody's killing a man..."

Was just listening to that at the weekend.....

Could be worse I guess.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I would if not for this bloody flu and the constant diet of Tacos that has got me up and down all night, oh dear, you don't wanna know!! he he
Tacos shit stuff, no wonder your up and down. Dont the Mrs cook for ya then?
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:50 am
Bugger Off!

Tacos shit stuff, no wonder your up and down. Dont the Mrs cook for ya then?
Yeah, tacos
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:55 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Err...it's f**king September people..you can take the bloody things off now for a few months if you live above the Mason Dixon.

Winters even on the way darn sarf...1st day without aircon today - yeehaw.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah, tacos
Poor Sod then more like, ain't ya

Last edited by britvic; Sep 26th 2006 at 3:58 am.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Winters even on the way darn sarf...1st day without aircon today - yeehaw.
Me too nice to have the windows open though ain't it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.