Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Scouts reaffirm anti-gay policy

Wikiposts

Scouts reaffirm anti-gay policy

Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:10 am
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scouts reaffirm anti-gay policy

Originally Posted by kimilseung
This is one of the creepiest posts I have seen on BE
Do I get an award? Seriously, I'm around kids all the time, and I pity the fo' who would even think of laying a hand on them. Except me with the occasional slap on the fanny LOL!

I think we need 23 genders

http://www.turtlebayandbeyond.org/20...erent-genders/

Pete
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:31 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Back to topic.

My daughters school's PTA is a partner or a charter or whatever it is they call organizations that work with scouts. The scouts hold their meetings in the school, and at at least one Veterans Day, they have raised the flag at the school. It shocks me that an organization that discriminates against children is allowed anywhere near a school.
So would you ban the scouts because of their opinions? Isn't that just as bad as them banning people because of their sexual orientation? Also who do you punish by doing so, the organization, or the individual scouts who take part in and no doubt enjoy being part of school events.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

So only gays that are still in the closet can be in the scouts? I'm willing to bet that 99% of the male abusers were in the closet and this was their way of dealing with feelings that they felt they weren't able to express in public - due to homophobic sections of society, such as this.

Personally, I'm a little suspicious of anyone who wants to spend so much time with young children without getting paid
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:58 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
So would you ban the scouts because of their opinions? Isn't that just as bad as them banning people because of their sexual orientation? Also who do you punish by doing so, the organization, or the individual scouts who take part in and no doubt enjoy being part of school events.
I would not ban them.
I would have a school and PTA policy of engaging only with organizations that do not discriminate. If they do not comply with that policy then they would not have access to school (and tax payer funded) property.
In my ignorance I would have thought that the first amendment would support that (at least for the school)

My OP was concerned with the balance of the benefits of scouting against the negative aspects, and what one does about that.

Last edited by kimilseung; Jul 18th 2012 at 7:08 am.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:08 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
I'm willing to bet that 99% of the male abusers were in the closet
Clearly, we need to make sure they are all in the SAME closet and let em abuse each other.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:15 am
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!

If child abusers come out of the closet it makes it easier to string'em up.

I'm still trying to figure out how the world got so strange that the boy scouts are bad.

Pete
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sinbad2222
Male homosexuals have a predilection for small boys [CITATION NEEDED] so, in their search for victims, many become scoutmasters, sports coaches and Catholic priests [CITATION NEEDED]. It is irrational to blame the Scouts, sports organisations or the Catholic Church for the actions of these monsters regular people, who happen to be homosexual. As long as our society continues to tolerate these deranged individuals [CITATION NEEDED], it behoves every parent to reduce their children's contact with them to an absolute minimum [CITATION NEEDED].
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MostlyYank
Do I get an award? Seriously, I'm around kids all the time, and I pity the fo' who would even think of laying a hand on them. Except me with the occasional slap on the fanny LOL!
Is that supposed to make it sound better?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:51 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It really doesn't, does it?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:52 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
If post #25 was the creepiest on BE; post #31 is the second creepiest.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:56 am
Mions' a point.

Jeez, I meant if they get out of hand!

Tough crowd :rodneydangerfield:

Pete
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:58 am
He/him

Jeez, I meant if they get out of hand!

Tough crowd :rodneydangerfield:

Pete
'out of hand', like if they escape your clutches?
Stop digging.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:00 am
Mions' a point.

LMAO!!

Pete
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

That excellent scene was slightly spoiled for me when I recently discovered they used someone else's hands.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Back to topic.

My daughters school's PTA is a partner or a charter or whatever it is they call organizations that work with scouts. The scouts hold their meetings in the school, and at at least one Veterans Day, they have raised the flag at the school. It shocks me that an organization that discriminates against children is allowed anywhere near a school.
My city banned 'em from school premises over 20 years ago. And rightly so, imo. Why should a public entity make provision for a private body that discriminates on the basis of sexual orientation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.