Scorpions

Old Aug 13th 2010, 4:58 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scorpions

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We are looking for somewhere to spend the winter/colder months...but I just can't get over the bug/reptile problem. Maybe I just need therapy...but I don't believe in spending money on that stuff.

Maybe we should move in with Uncle Ray during the winter months.
You HAVE heard about how gigantic the dangerous reptiles in Florida are, I hope?
Old Aug 13th 2010, 4:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
You HAVE heard about how gigantic the dangerous reptiles in Florida are, I hope?
Are you talking about Ray?
Old Aug 13th 2010, 5:24 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Are you talking about Ray?
Some of the lounge lizards lounge on the ground near the Everglades... some of them lounge in the water. Which do you prefer?
Old Aug 13th 2010, 5:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the lounge lizards lounge on the ground near the Everglades... some of them lounge in the water. Which do you prefer?
Hmmm...I can't visulize him in the Everglades...Joycee yes but not Ray.

We have proof of him skinny dipping....so I suppose he could be called a BE Lounge Lizard.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 12:50 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bill_S
It would be the safest street in Cleveland Heights
Or the most heavily armed, anyway.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw this thread.

I found a 3" scorpion in baby Millie's room two weeks ago.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Just saw this thread.

Old Aug 13th 2010, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw this thread.

OMG, this thread is so scary, I would have freaked!

Told DH last night he said we have them here too if I ever see one in the house I'm off, you're in San Diego, that is way too close for comfort!
Old Aug 13th 2010, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym

Told DH last night he said we have them here too if I ever see one in the house I'm off, you're in San Diego, that is way too close for comfort!
I was freaking on the inside, but calm on the outside. It was 9am and Millie was having a nap. I had to kill the scorpion using whatever I could that was basically within reach.

I put a diaper wipe on top of it and then ground the bugger to pieces with a small metal torch that we have near her change table.

This was 30 minutes after receiving an email that there was a coyote hanging about in our street...
Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:51 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

I've currently got a few fleas here and there despite treating the cats - what flea spray did you use?
The blue one you get in the cat section at Walmart. There's a whole range of products for treating the cat, the furnishings, the carpet, etc., and we've used the shampoo, flea collar, and house spray. I've looked at the Raid stuff but it seems to be used when you actually SEE a flea. Seeing as those things jump about a mile high as soon as I try to crush them, I've got no chance with killing one on contact.

I was freaking on the inside, but calm on the outside. It was 9am and Millie was having a nap. I had to kill the scorpion using whatever I could that was basically within reach.

I put a diaper wipe on top of it and then ground the bugger to pieces with a small metal torch that we have near her change table.

This was 30 minutes after receiving an email that there was a coyote hanging about in our street...
Oh. My. God.

You = Power Mama
Old Aug 14th 2010, 4:00 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym

I'm a lot closer to you than San Diego and we get them, less since Clark started spraying, I think Clark must kill off the food supply so they go elsewhere.
Dh found a dead one, big too, he put it up on the electric box in the garage, the bloody thing makes me jump every time I see it, and I know it's there
Old Aug 14th 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I'm a lot closer to you than San Diego and we get them, less since Clark started spraying, I think Clark must kill off the food supply so they go elsewhere.
Dh found a dead one, big too, he put it up on the electric box in the garage, the bloody thing makes me jump every time I see it, and I know it's there
Covering my eyes and ears and singing la la la, I swear just one and I'm off! Although I guess it's all relative a black widow crawled over my hand in the barn the other day I just kept still and let it walk off, guess some people would freak at that, but those big hard black scorpions OMG no!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Please, not more scary bug threads.....

Here's some advice from the interwebs for those of you in scorpions states;

Scorpions are difficult to control with insecticides alone. Therefore, the first control strategy is to modify the area surrounding a house.

* Remove all trash, logs, boards, stones, bricks and other objects from around the home.
* Keep grass closely mowed near the home. Prune bushes and overhanging tree branches away from the house. Tree branches can provide a path to the roof for scorpions.
* Store garbage containers in a frame that allows them to rest above ground level.
* Never bring firewood inside the house unless it is placed directly on the fire.
* Install weather-stripping around loose fitting doors and windows.
* Plug weep holes in brick veneer homes with steel wool, pieces of nylon scouring pad or small squares of screen wire.
* Caulk around roof eaves, pipes and any other cracks into the home.
* Keep window screens in good repair. Make sure they fit tightly in the window frame.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 6:20 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

yay yay yay

Yet ANOTHER reason im soooo glad we picked Ohio over the other choices.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 6:28 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

At least it's not a dingo, they eat babies apparently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.