Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Schools Offer Cars for Good Attendance

Schools Offer Cars for Good Attendance

Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:37 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Default Schools Offer Cars for Good Attendance

http://kevxml2a.verizon.net/_1_5MTO1...&feed=ap&top=1

CASPER, Wyo. - Sixteen-year-old Kaytie Christopherson was getting ready to do her homework on a Friday when she got a call that made a big improvement in her life: She had won a brand-new pickup truck for near-perfect school attendance.
And not just any truck, but a $28,000 Chevrolet Colorado crew cab, in red, with an MP3 player. Freedom comes standard.

"I take it everywhere. To work, school. I don't know, anything I do, I have it out with me," the high school junior said. "I pay attention to where I park it, though."

Public schools commonly reward excellent attendance with movie tickets, gas vouchers and iPods. But some diligent students like Kaytie are now hitting the ultimate teenage jackpot for going to school: They have won cars or trucks.