School Holidays in Florida

School Holidays in Florida

Old Mar 17th 2003, 4:07 pm
Here and Loving it

mark19964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School Holidays in Florida

Hello people,
Another question for you all out there;

We've been told that in Florida you have a 12 week summer break, what do families with young children - ours are 4 and 7 - do during this long period.

I ask, as like most families you envisage both working when the children are school age, I expect my wife will work part time, so she's worried about what hours you work part time - are they child friendly !! as we would have no one to collect our daughters from school.

Also as i said earlier,what do most families do with young children, during the holidays. We cant imagine all the mums sit at home for 12 weeks or even try and organise daily events for the kids to keep 'em happy over this long period. You'd end up re-mortgaging to pay for all the days out !!

Please reply - as for us this is a serious point, as it is with parents of young children.

all the best - Mark and debbie.
Old Mar 18th 2003, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Holidays in Florida

Not exactly sure about the 12 weeks summer vacation in FL. Here in NYC its between 10 & 12 weeks. Public schools (City) only have to be open 183 days per year. Probably why they can't place Canada on a map of the world.

Private/ Parochial schools also have very long Summer Vacation.

How do you use up this long vacation:
You send your children to expensive summer camps, the Rich kids go for the whole summer. I mean the whole summer 8-9 weeks. $500 - $2000 per week.

You take your kids on vacation 2-3 weeks + 2-4 weeks of Camp + days out etc.

It can be a very expensive deal, especially using allday Care.

Hope this helps.

Frank R.