Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

School fund raising time again!!

School fund raising time again!!

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School fund raising time again!!

Originally Posted by Titchski
I was going to have a look for something for Mrs T - but I daren't click on the "For The Ladies" link
Checked it for you - it's tat, but with Betty Boop on it
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:37 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to have a look for something for Mrs T - but I daren't click on the "For The Ladies" link
Please be kidding.

Unless Missus T is gagging for an ELVIS SPEAKING WALL CLOCK.
ick ick ick.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:38 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Please be kidding.

ick ick ick.
It's got to be better than the iron I got her one year
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:45 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It's got to be better than the iron I got her one year
Do we need to send you to a reeducation camp for wayward husbands????
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Please be kidding.

ick ick ick.
OMG just seen it!!!!

The Brit's claim to sophistication is shot to pieces.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
OMG just seen it!!!!

The Brit's claim to sophistication is shot to pieces.
Yeah, but I'm the one who went straight to it!
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:01 am

oh dear, where is chartreuse? He'd be all over the 'SEXY AS A KITTEN' nightware set.
ick ick ick!

(in my defense, the Elvis clock was the first picture I saw. Honest!)
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

oh dear, where is chartreuse? He'd be all over the 'SEXY AS A KITTEN' nightware set.
ick ick ick!

(in my defense, the Elvis clock was the first picture I saw. Honest!)
If you click on the item, you can examine it in extreme detail
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:46 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharron_
My sons school actually has one decent fundraiser I know about.

They do a 'Car Wash' on the school car park every now and then, with students volunteering to wash the cars.

I couldn't be doing with the selling junk....it would drive me up the wall.
One of the high school girl's sports teams had a carwash in the next town over from us. It took place on a corner lot at a main intersection in town. They had girls standing in the middle of the intersection holding up giant placards that said said "CAR WASH to benefit (Whatever team it was)" The placards went from high on the chest to mid thigh. The girls were wearing bikini tops and those short shorts girls wear. Of course, with the placards in the way, you couldn't see any of that.

I witnessed many near accidents in the nine times I happened to drive through that intersection that day.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
One of the high school girl's sports teams had a carwash in the next town over from us. It took place on a corner lot at a main intersection in town. They had girls standing in the middle of the intersection holding up giant placards that said said "CAR WASH to benefit (Whatever team it was)" The placards went from high on the chest to mid thigh. The girls were wearing bikini tops and those short shorts girls wear. Of course, with the placards in the way, you couldn't see any of that.

I witnessed many near accidents in the nine times I happened to drive through that intersection that day.
bet they got more business than the boys football team!
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 8:37 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'd rather just buy my kids something as a bribe to stop them doing this rubbish. Especially as I'll have to pay for them to attend the schools in our town as we live on the wrong side of the state line.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

nooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant future

our kids school has just done what the OP suggested and sent out an envelope asking for money- I was all for making a donation then husband pointed out that form was written to imply a $500 minimum !!

well- its nothing if not direct and to the point!
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nooj
our kids school has just done what the OP suggested and sent out an envelope asking for money- I was all for making a donation then husband pointed out that form was written to imply a $500 minimum !!

well- its nothing if not direct and to the point!
Our schools generally ask for about $350 in addition to all the tat scams and jog-a-thons.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:57 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Our schools generally ask for about $350 in addition to all the tat scams and jog-a-thons.
The last school my daughter was at had a summer fair where they asked parents to 'sponsor' a ride or booth. Sponsorship prices for some rides were $25k

They got $25 from me and that was a stretch
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by N1cky
The last school my daughter was at had a summer fair where they asked parents to 'sponsor' a ride or booth. Sponsorship prices for some rides were $25k

They got $25 from me and that was a stretch
Cheapskate

Yes, they must raise a lot like that - and they have silent auctions where things go for thousands of $$

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.