School etc

Old Nov 15th 2001, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 397
K is an unknown quantity at this point

As i entered on a k1 visa and my son on a k2 visa and i have just married and soon to file the AOS can my son start school? I have my social security card but as yet his hasnt come in the mail.

Also is it mandatory that i file for advance parole for me and my son even though we have no intention of using it?

K is offline  
Old Nov 15th 2001, 9:31 pm
Posts: n/a


Yes, he can start school. Try calling the Social Security office to see if they can
give you his SSN over the phone, but I don't think you need wait for it - explain
that you are waiting for it when you go to enroll (or just call the school and ask if
you need his number immediately). You will (in all likelihood) need to show his
vaccination records to get him in school.


No, it's not compulsory, just don't leave without AP if you do decide to travel (at
least not if you hope to come back into the US) before you have adjusted status (not
just filed it, actually been through AOS and got your I-551 stamps or green cards)




Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.