Reload this Page >

School dinners

School dinners

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 12:56 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School dinners

As we have almost completed the AOS, are we allowed to get free school lunches or reduced cost lunches if we fall in the education guidelines? Talking about a middle school child of 11.

Thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 5:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School dinners

Originally posted by K:
As we have almost completed the AOS, are we allowed to get free school lunches or reduced cost lunches if we fall in the education guidelines? Talking about a middle school child of 11.

Thanks
Since school LUNCHES (note the emphasis on lunch and not dinner hehehe) is usual a school board/state issue, I warrant it varies from state to state.

My friend who is guardian to her children receives vouchers in Massachusetts which are given to the school for the two children's lunches. And no, she is not on welfare or any means of assistance. Check with the guidance counselor of the school. Or check to see if there is a website for the school.

Rete
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 5:53 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete:

Since school LUNCHES (note the emphasis on lunch and not dinner hehehe) is usual a school board/state issue, I warrant it varies from state to state.

My friend who is guardian to her children receives vouchers in Massachusetts which are given to the school for the two children's lunches. And no, she is not on welfare or any means of assistance. Check with the guidance counselor of the school. Or check to see if there is a website for the school.

Rete
Ok thanks Rete i thought that it might interfere with the affidavit of support someway.
Old Sep 4th 2002, 1:50 am
Mrs_blackross

Yes. school lunch programs do not fall into the federal means tested benefit
restriction, and the school system does not care about your child's INS status for
the purpose of calculating free/reduced lunch eligibility.(at least, they don't here
in Maryland...my kids, ages 6 and 9 qualified for the school lunch program when they
started school last september...their AOS interviews are coming up at the end of
this month)

"K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > As we have almost completed the AOS, are we allowed to get free school lunches or
    > reduced cost lunches if we fall in the education guidelines? Talking about a middle
    > school child of 11.
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com