Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

School Change On F! VISA

School Change On F! VISA

Old Oct 4th 2001, 5:04 am
Just Joined

sudipta_bera is an unknown quantity at this point

I am an Indian student on F1 Visa. My VISA is valid upto 31st Dec 2003. I recently changed my school. So I have a valid VISA from one school but I have two I-20`s one from each schools- old and New. I am planning to go to india this december. When I went to International Student Officer of my new school to get my New I-20 signed for re-entry, she seemed to be a bit concerned about my re-entry. She suspected that I may be denied by INS to get a re-entry in USA under this circumstances. But ISO of my old school seemed to be quite relaxed about my case and said that there are thousands of students like me who are doing this thing and get re-entry because Its totally legal. Now my question is that, Will there be any problem if I travel India with my visa from old school and Properly endorsed I-20 for re-entry from my new school? If there be any problem for re-entry do you provide any service for that? And I need your openion about this as soon as possible.
Thank you very much.
Old Oct 4th 2001, 12:03 pm
Andy Platt

You should probably post this in alt.visa.us where general visa questions are dealt
with. From my limited knowledge, the F-1 just allows you to enter the US as a student
and the I-20 says which school so you should be totally fine.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >