Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Scariest films, ever let me start you off

Scariest films, ever let me start you off

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 4:38 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scariest films, ever let me start you off

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
:scared: did it scare the crap out of you?? :scared:

Yeah I was gonna mention the Shinning and the one with Kathy Bates and she has her favorite author in a bed...(can't remember the name )
All together now...Misery very scary
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 4:39 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
you found the recreation....or you did it?? :scared:

I saw that clip too...an innocent looking girl and a sack in the background ..then it moves like somebody is it in...i want to know what it's about but will be too scared to ever watch it :scared:
Yeah, the Japs make some bloody scary movies, good on 'em! I've watched 'Ringo' & 'Ringu'.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 4:40 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by basementwaj
Brokeback mountain scared the sh*t out of me! :scared:
yeah don't think I fancy it myself either....now ME stuck on a mountain with Heath Ledger....that would be worth watching
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 7:26 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
or sleep with your hands inside the covers-

Blood and gore don't scare me-it's the psych stuff........
No doubt in my mind, it has to be 'Candyman'. I still think to this day that if I look into a mirror and say his name three times he will appear behind me!
I love scary movies but that one I will never watch again, I couldn't sleep for days after I saw it! I want to say that there was a sequel to it as well but I've never seen it.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

One off the top of my list has to be Texas Chainsaw Massacer, will always haunt me while liveing over here, I dont like driveing anywhere off the beaten track :scared: Is ment to be a true story.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 7:51 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
One off the top of my list has to be Texas Chainsaw Massacer, will always haunt me while liveing over here, I dont like driveing anywhere off the beaten track :scared: Is ment to be a true story.
I've never even seen it and small U.S towns STILL give me the willies :scared:

actually hubby and I drove to Prague one time.....the day before we left we were going to visit some castle...hubby wanted to go straight there ..it was dark foggy and we were in the middle of no where..I was so terrified I was almost crying( i was preggers at the time ) and he eventually turned around and we found a modern motel off the side of the road...I swear it's so eerie over there you can see how Dracula and werewolf stories etc come from that part of the world...bloody scary it was even hubby was getting jittery :scared:

Last edited by Celtic_Angel; Jan 22nd 2006 at 7:57 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:13 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

I Saw "Asylum" when I was a kid and it scared the crap out of me, but when I saw it years later I laughed till I cried! Classic!

I saw "Saw" recently and it was horrible.....can't watch things like that. I'm a big ol' wuss! The scariest film ever was The Exorcist. I can never watch that movie again. I felt disturbed and scarred after seeing that. I hate horror movies.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:19 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
No doubt in my mind, it has to be 'Candyman'. I still think to this day that if I look into a mirror and say his name three times he will appear behind me!
I love scary movies but that one I will never watch again, I couldn't sleep for days after I saw it! I want to say that there was a sequel to it as well but I've never seen it.
There are 3 Candyman movies.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Showgirls
Showgirls was great! I cant watch saved by the bell anymore though!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:38 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah given West Virginia's a stone's throw away from me, I'm wary about that one and wrong turn .
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:01 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
There are 3 Candyman movies.
Well knowing the way that sequels usually work, by the time they got to the 3rd 'Candyman' it was probably completely stupid. It was the first one that scared the pants off me. When my hubby wants to freak me out he creeps up behind me and whispers 'candyman' in my ear. There's nothing like that happening to you to make you never want to go into a dark room by yourself ever again! :scared:
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:32 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

It was based on Ed Gein's adventures. Now, Deliverance, there is a reason to be afraid of going off the beaten track :scared:

The only movie that actually scares me is The Shining...."come and play with us Danny"
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

I went to see the Exorcist with a group of friends one afternoon 'for a laugh'. I can honestly say I have never seen a scary film since. That one did it for me. :scared:
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Nightmare on Elm Street frightened me to death when it was first released on video. I watched it when my parents were on holiday and I didn't sleep properly until they came home 3 weeks later. If I watched it now it would probably seem really tame.

I also remember being petrified watching The Day of The Triffids.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:38 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lizzi
I went to see the Exorcist with a group of friends one afternoon 'for a laugh'. I can honestly say I have never seen a scary film since. That one did it for me. :scared:

Maybe you had to be there I saw it when it was re-released in the UK, and was very disappointed. Do you have to be religious to get it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.