Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Scared of flying...

Scared of flying...

Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:29 pm
Another gloomy day!

hayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Scared of flying...

Originally Posted by Manc
That's very very true. Flying is extremely safe.
I find it dropping out of the sky from 33,000 ft or slamming into the side of mountains that kill people.
Silly me! It is so safe, just as long as we don't fall! Well I'll make sure I keep that in mind when I'm freaking out.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:31 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hayley82
just as long as we don't fall!
well it's just the last couple of inches of the fall that really hurt
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:38 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

Statistically your car journey to the airport will be the most dangerous part of your trip.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:40 pm
Another gloomy day!

hayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vegas
Statistically your car journey to the airport will be the most dangerous part of your trip.
Taking a cab there, I believe you!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:42 pm
Another gloomy day!

Thanks again! Have you ever thought about being a therapist? You're really good at making people feel better!!!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:43 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

Down Manc! You're scaring the poor girl!

Don't worry Hayley; only an idiot wouldn't have a few qualms about getting on a 10 ton piece of metal that's going to fly through the air at 40,000 ft. but realistically, it is THE safest mode of travel in existance. I know it's scary and I'm a bit nervous about my trip next week since we've been having a lot of snow here in Pennsylvania and I HATE these little commuter planes we have to take to get to the BIG plane. But once we're on the big one, it's really smooth and you forget you're even on a plane. Of course it helps to have 4 kids along to worry about, but you get the picture. I think the Tylenol PM or Benedryl (recommended by my pediatrician) would help to relax you.

Good Luck! and enjoy your holiday!
Tami
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again! Have you ever thought about being a therapist? You're really good at making people feel better!!!
I am a therapist.
you owe me £50 for this
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:52 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

:scared:
I am a therapist.
you owe me £50 for this
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:57 pm
Another gloomy day!

I am a therapist.
you owe me £50 for this
Cheque's in the post!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 5:08 pm
@matthewb76

Cheque's in the post!
send it second class, I don't trust airmail.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 5:36 pm
Missie Loves Manc =)

MisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to allMisBish is a name known to all

I swear I try to medicate him before I let him post!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

That's very very true. Flying is extremely safe.
I find it dropping out of the sky from 33,000 ft or slamming into the side of mountains that kill people.
and on that cheerful note-------
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a therapist.
you owe me £50 for this
:scared: A Shock Therapist! :scared:

They used to swear by it in the "good ol days"!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:31 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vegas
Probably what scares people the most is that if something awful does happen then there is no way out. I can't say it never crosses my mind when I fly but the fact is it is incredibly safe. I fly almost every other week for work and the only thing I get scared about is being delayed (avoided one today as I was supposed to be flying from Cincinnati to Newark at 4:30, but because of the snow coming into NJ I changed at the last minute and got a midday flight). Anyway, I digress, are you scared of travelling on a bus, or in a cab, or even on a train - all situations where what's going to happen is out of your control (like much of life really), but we don't let those things get to us, so why let flying get to us.

If you can't get over the fear entirely you should feel that you can relax after the first couple of minutes as statistically once you're up a way statistically you are much, much safer.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:40 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
Probably what scares people the most is that if something awful does happen then there is no way out.
Basically Back Seat Driver Syndrome, eh? It always feels better to be in control, rather than along for the ride. And then it gets compounded when you know that you couldn't fly the thing yourself even if you were in the pilot's seat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.