Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Save Roe V's Wade

Save Roe V's Wade

Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:30 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Save Roe V's Wade

These newborn twins were abandoned in a cardboard box in Birmingham, England yesterday:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...#StartComments

Poor little mites....I feel so sorry for poor mother too who was desperate enough to give them up in this way and not seek help...perhaps she was a young girl and felt unable to confide in anyone.

Whatever happens, there will be plenty of potential parents willing to adopt them if they can't be reconciled with their mother, and although they've had a rocky start to their lives I'm sure they will one day be glad that they weren't aborted.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:32 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Save Roe V's Wade

Originally Posted by Englishmum
These newborn twins were abandoned in a cardboard box in Birmingham, England yesterday:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...#StartComments

Poor little mites....I feel so sorry for poor mother too who was desperate enough to give them up in this way and not seek help...perhaps she was a young girl and felt unable to confide in anyone.

Whatever happens, there will be plenty of potential parents willing to adopt them if they can't be reconciled with their mother, and although they've had a rocky start to their lives I'm sure they will one day be glad that they weren't aborted.
Or they could be stuck in a foster home where no one cares about them and they end up on the streets More misery brought into the world.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:41 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Or they could be stuck in a foster home where no one cares about them and they end up on the streets More misery brought into the world.
Dont you dare get me started
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

They changed the law down here recently, whereby you can drop a newborn at a hospital/fire station without getting into legal trouble, no questions asked.

There are thousands of couples willing to adopt little babies in this country, with so many traveling overseas to adopt, that they won't have problems placing them.

I've personally got two friends who have adopted recently. One adopted a 3 year old and are fostering a baby they got at one month old, whom they are in the process of adopting. The other couple flew to Taiwan to adopt two little sisters. They would have taken US babies, but there aren't enough of them to go around.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:50 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
They would have taken US babies, but there aren't enough of them to go around.
I disagree, there are still too many. We foster and adopt and in the last 2 weeks alone we have been offered a one day old where the mother walked out the hospital and a set of baby twins. We got our daughter at a day old, her story is pretty similar to Englishmums.

The problem is when you start the Foster classes they tell you and you tell you that you will not, never ever get a baby. Plus there is a chance if you foster that the baby will go back (it has happened to us) so people do not want to go the Foster route because there is a chance they will get hurt if the baby goes back so it is easier to pay and get kids from abroad.

***, someone got me started, the blue touch paper is lit, stand well back!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
I disagree, there are still too many. We foster and adopt and in the last 2 weeks alone we have been offered a one day old where the mother walked out the hospital and a set of baby twins. We got our daughter at a day old, her story is pretty similar to Englishmums.
I think the problem is, it's easier to adopt kids from abroad, and cheaper than adopting from the US, well that was the case with some relatives here, they got a baby from China as it was a lot easier, quicker and ultimately a lot cheaper for them to do so.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:20 am
Pagan Sex God

Originally Posted by Bob
I think the problem is, it's easier to adopt kids from abroad, and cheaper than adopting from the US, well that was the case with some relatives here, they got a baby from China as it was a lot easier, quicker and ultimately a lot cheaper for them to do so.
If you foster then adopt it is cheaper because the state pays for everything and its easier because you are not dealing with immigration and again the state/county lawyer does everything for you. We had our daughter from when she was one day old, adopting from abroad you dont get the baby until they are a couple of months old.

The reason people go abroad and pay is because it is guarenteed, quicker is up for debate.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we all have our own sense of morality.

Personally I find importing babies extremely distasteful.

Also I do not understand how a mother could abandon a new born in other than extrodinary circumstances.

Abortion would be a long way third.

But then I do not think I would wish to mandate my views on others for the first two.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:17 am
Pagan Sex God

Originally Posted by Boiler
Also I do not understand how a mother could abandon a new born in other than extrodinary circumstances.
One is how the other is why, you really must not confuse the two.

How is much more difficult to explain than why. If you have a couple of hours I can take you through it all.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:20 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Well we all have our own sense of morality.
yes, we do, and that is what makes it so difficult.
However strongly we believe in our opinions, though, it doesn't mean we are 'right'... for example, some murderers think their victims deserve to die.

Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well how or why, by that time you are messing with another life.

I guess that is where the difference comes from and why I find the first two more objectionable.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

The couple who got the Taiwanese sisters, were willing to open their home to a Brazilian family of 7 orphans whose parents had both died, but at the last minute the Brazilian gov't decided they didn't want the kids to leave the country.

So, here we have 7 kids who could have been brought up together in a loving family, but instead are sitting in an orphanage until they grow up, due to the reason that they didn't believe that the children should grow up in another country.

Same thing with the Eastern European orphans who today are living here in good homes.

I know what I would rather have happen if I was a kid in a godforsaken orphanage being raised with the barest of care.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 2:54 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Since this is a possibility, I think they should be killed now to prevent that unfortunate possible outcome. The should not have to have a chance to suffer such treatment...kill 'em for their own good.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:00 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Perhaps also is the recent trend of so many people who give up a baby for adoptrion who later re-think their decision and want the baby back after months or years... those who go to China or Peru know that is not a possibility. To Patric's point- I am sure there are babies to offer out as foster children, but to adopt them is a different story.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:01 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ironporer
Since this is a possibility, I think they should be killed now to prevent that unfortunate possible outcome. The should not have to have a chance to suffer such treatment...kill 'em for their own good.

Depends on your opinion of when a foetus becomes a life. In any case, this boils down to womens rights and what they are allowed to do with their own bodies and lives. No unwanted children born, no problem.
I'm not suggesting that its okay to let a problem get to the abortion stage, but it should be an available option to women in need.

Last edited by Chorlton; Dec 9th 2005 at 3:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.