Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Save Roe V's Wade

Save Roe V's Wade

Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Save Roe V's Wade

Originally Posted by Manc
5XL? What kind of monster gave birth to that....
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

It will never be banned, and I'll give you four words why.

It is Big Business.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 12:43 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear

It is Big Business.
One word for you.

****!
Old Dec 7th 2005, 1:29 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
erm ...I don't get it....does the front of the shirt say "I'm in Hell"
Old Dec 7th 2005, 2:00 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

It is Big Business.
and why is it big business

Abortion will always be a podium for the self righteous!!!!! let them feel good about themselves..let their leaders gather votes while they send troops to the slaughter...so they are 20 something...so what ...who cares a shit once you are born .

lets face it...the politicians don't give a shit about personal circumstances one way or another...for some reason in this country the "Abortion Issue" is a huge tool...to be use at will...if it wasn't for it GWB would never have won......preachers using faith ...guilt..telling congregations that to vote Dem was to allow the murder of little babies....sounds far fetched? it even seeps down to the kids ...during the last election ...they did a mock one at my child's Elementary school....he came home saying kids said Kerry cuts out babies from their mommy's tummy to study them...FFS where did a 9 year old hear about that shit...probably parents

What's weird is in GWB first election with Al Gore i said to hubby I'd vote for Gore cos Bush was a Neanderthal..didn't care about womens issues...hubby said that you can't just vote for a person on one issue...ironic that now, that one issue is what GWB uses so gleefully.....well after this long in Iraq even the conservatives are taking a look ...how many more American boys, husbands, sons do we have to lose?...if the Iraq's want FREEDOM then I want to see THEM fight for it

that should get this thread going
Old Dec 7th 2005, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elsie The Maid
Err....far from being an old man here
Serious question: Why are you anti-abortion?
Old Dec 7th 2005, 12:44 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Save Roe V's Wade

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
and why is it big business

it even seeps down to the kids ...during the last election ...they did a mock one at my child's Elementary school....he came home saying kids said Kerry cuts out babies from their mommy's tummy to study them...FFS where did a 9 year old hear about that shit...probably parents

that should get this thread going
It works both ways though.

The young girl next door to me was selling lemonade on their front lawn during the Summer. I went across to buy a drink from her and had a chat with her mum. A few moments later a passing car stopped and a woman bought some lemonade. As she drove away, my next door neighbour spotted a pro-life sticker on the rear bumper. She said very loudly - within earshot of her daughter - "If I'd known that sticker was on that car I wouldn't have let my daughter sell a drink to that woman".

I was appalled.

It is so odd how the culture is so very different between the US and the UK. From December 21st gay couples can now have a 'civil partnership' - a sort of wedding - in the UK and abortion is not a political hot potato like it is here. I guess most people are indifferent in the UK unless it's an issue which will affect them personally (and I guess for the majority of Brits it doesn't) so they couldn't care less one way or the other and you don't get vast numbers of people or organisations lobbying politicians unlike in the US.

I did read recently that the UK govt. may consider changing the final date of late-term abortions because so many babies are now being born very prematurely and surviving even though the mother could still technically have an abortion beyond the date these premature babies have been born (eg. 22/23 weeks of gestation).

The very idea of late-term abortions fills me with horror - as I understand it the baby's skull is crushed and the woman gives birth normally? That's barbaric.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Englishmum

It is so odd how the culture is so very different between the US and the UK.
From December 21st gay couples can now have a 'civil partnership' - a sort of wedding - in the UK and abortion is not a political hot potato like it is here. I guess most people are indifferent in the UK unless it's an issue which will affect them personally (and I guess for the majority of Brits it doesn't) so they couldn't care less one way or the other and you don't get vast numbers of people or organisations lobbying politicians unlike in the US.

One word: Religion.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 2:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
One word: Religion.
Two words: Fundalmentalist Religion.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 2:31 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
Two words: Fundalmentalist Religion.

Baaaaaaah
Old Dec 7th 2005, 2:42 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

It is Big Business.

Wonder if illegal drugs would be such good business if they were in fact legal like coffee or tobacco? Seems a good way to make even more money on something is to make it illegal. The profits of the illegal drug business from those on both sides of the law (coz let's face it, building prisons and hiring police officers is very profitable for some) would fade to manageable levels were they to be sold legally in your local Walgreens. The same with abortion: make it illegal would increase the profitability.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 2:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Wonder if illegal drugs would be such good business if they were in fact legal like coffee or tobacco? Seems a good way to make even more money on something is to make it illegal. The profits of the illegal drug business from those on both sides of the law (coz let's face it, building prisons and hiring police officers is very profitable for some) would fade to manageable levels were they to be sold legally in your local Walgreens. The same with abortion: make it illegal would increase the profitability.
But no one is saying that abortion would be illegal, there is a case which I think I support for saying it is a State issue, not a Federal issue.

I suppose it might make a few bucks for the Airlines, some States opting out and some in.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 3:13 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
But no one is saying that abortion would be illegal, there is a case which I think I support for saying it is a State issue, not a Federal issue.

I suppose it might make a few bucks for the Airlines, some States opting out and some in.
If some states make it illegal, there will be more money in it. If all states make it illegal, there will be big, big money in it.

American has a habit of making the impossible illegal. Let's face it, they were the brainless idiots who tried to ban alcohol. And old man Kennedy made his fortunes from this ban, and it also gave rise to organised crime. The amazing thing is, they fail to learn the lessons from this. You cannot turn the clock back to live 300 years ago unless you want everything else that goes along with such a society. You cannot uninvent or undiscover that which people want.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

When it was illegal, only midwives/med students..etc...made $ out of it.

Now that it is legal, big business can share in the $$ being made from the abortions themselves, as well as the baby parts which are sold off one piece at a time.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

When it was illegal, only midwives/med students..etc...made $ out of it.
And Undertakers...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.