Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Save Eastenders Petition

Save Eastenders Petition

Old Sep 30th 2003, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

Anglophile31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Save Eastenders Petition

I know this has been discussed and posted but I just want to keep the petition link up front in hopes of getting more signatures. There's over 6,500 at the moment but we have a long way to go.

http://www.petitiononline.com/EEfans/petition.html
Old Sep 30th 2003, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Save Eastenders Petition

Originally posted by Anglophile31
I know this has been discussed and posted but I just want to keep the petition link up front in hopes of getting more signatures. There's over 6,500 at the moment but we have a long way to go.

http://www.petitiononline.com/EEfans/petition.html

don't put it on the BBCAmerica boards- they;ll delete it and suspend your account before the ink dries...
They deleted the whole petition that was started on there- and people were only posting names really.

Last edited by Taffyles; Sep 30th 2003 at 11:56 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Oh yes, I know. They've already suspended my account three times! Just trying to get the word out another way.
Old Sep 30th 2003, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Anglophile31
Oh yes, I know. They've already suspended my account three times! Just trying to get the word out another way.

It's the only place I know where no matter how many messages I post- I end up with 0 total posts I've only been suspended once so far.

Will take the URL round a few other sites I know
Old Sep 30th 2003, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

Cool! Thanks!!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 2:14 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

The quicker Eastenders is put to sleep the better.
It has appauling acting, stupid story lines and is very lame - probably a true reflection of those who watch it.
So sign your petition - I wonder if you where so vocal when Iraq was invaded, or when the US refused to sign the Kyoto treaty, or at the lack of health care in most of the world????
Old Oct 1st 2003, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

ireland132 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to agree with Scotch03. I suppose "fans" could always move back if the missed it that much. Or to recreate the experience they could find some "salt of the earth" types, knock each other about a bit, moan about stuff, smoke fags, live under a freeway (for that grey, sunless effect) and spray each other with a hose to recreate the Eastend rain...

God bless you guvnur!

Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Where were you when El Dorado go the chop ????
Old Oct 1st 2003, 12:31 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Where were you when El Dorado go the chop ????
El Dorado?

BBCA can kiss my lily white limey ass... I've got EE!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 10:02 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

You should get a cream for that Brigie!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 10:11 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by scotch03
You should get a cream for that Brigie!
I have a cream.... I burnt it last summer on the beach! ô¿~
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

Are you going to start an EE tape train Brigie?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 12:35 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scotch03
The quicker Eastenders is put to sleep the better.
It has appauling acting, stupid story lines and is very lame - .....
That's the least of it. That show makes me embarrased to be British. Thankfully very few (very, very, very few) Americans watch it as I dread to think that anyone might think that it bears even the slightest resemblance to life in the UK!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Pulaski
That's the least of it. That show makes me embarrased to be British. Thankfully very few (very, very, very few) Americans watch it as I dread to think that anyone might think that it bears even the slightest resemblance to life in the UK!

Some of the people on here create a worse picture of the UK than EastEnders does, which is seen as a soap.

And Au Contraire my dear Pulaski... East Enders has become very popular with thousands of Americans- judging by their outrage in the messages on the online petition. Nielsons ratings have been overwhelmingly proven totally inadequate and inaccurate. They admit it themselves anyway- their boxes can't monitor digital cable even.

Well whether you love it or hate it, the way BBCAmerica has acted is an embarrassment for Britain. Because of the prefix BBC, Americans are assuming it is wholly British administration.

Currently on BBCA's Discussion board 'dramas' where people are trying to talk about EE, there is no freedom of speech, in fact not much speech at all is allowed. Up till about an hour ago- 12,243 posts have been deleted by the moderators.
Average time from posting to deletion- less than a minute.

Last edited by Taffyles; Oct 2nd 2003 at 2:47 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you get that figure from Taffyles?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.