Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Satellite TV and radio

Satellite TV and radio

Old Oct 9th 2003, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Paul W is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Satellite TV and radio

Is there anyway of getting the BBC Fox ITV channels from the European satellite if you live in the US. I know you can get BBC America on Dish or Direct but I have seen all their programmes now and they are beginning to bore me to death with the repeats. Same goes for British satellite radio, like XFM from London. I know you can get the internet feed but can you get portable set ups for the car or house.

Cheers
and a Setanta can take a long walk for not putting on England Turkey in private homes
Old Oct 9th 2003, 5:15 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Satellite TV and radio

Originally posted by Paul W
Is there anyway of getting the BBC Fox ITV channels from the European satellite if you live in the US. I know you can get BBC America on Dish or Direct but I have seen all their programmes now and they are beginning to bore me to death with the repeats. Same goes for British satellite radio, like XFM from London. I know you can get the internet feed but can you get portable set ups for the car or house.

Cheers
and a Setanta can take a long walk for not putting on England Turkey in private homes

Did a lot of research on this a while back. The answer to the TV question is no unfortunitly. BBCA is the only channel that caters to Brits. We have a local channel here that broadcasts the cheaper TV stuff from the UK like Vicar of Dibble and As Time Goes By LOL.

The only thing that you could do about the radio situation too is get a laptop with a decent wireless connection (a decent dial up speed would suffice) and listen in the car via the net...oh and you'd need to hook it up to your car speakers. It's something I'm gonna do if I can get a decent connection. At the moment you need to use a mobile phone and the connection isn’t the best.
A bit of hassle, but worth it to listen to Radio One on the way to work instead of the terrible American stations.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 5:18 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

New episodes of "the office" start on Oct 12Th (I think) thank the lord....funniest show on any channel.

Its one show that I don't mind watching repeats...it cracks me up everytime

Did they ever make new episodes of "the Royal family" back in Blighty?
Old Oct 9th 2003, 5:28 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Reno 911 is eerily similar to The Office, except done in a cop enviornment...must be a coincidence...right?

The Royle Family was a funny programme...a bit too graphic for American tastes, that and they wouldn't understand most of it...my arrrrsssse!!

Had a workmate tell me he did not find Monty Python funny because he couldnt understand most of what they were saying...weird, never thought the accents in this show were that strong. Mind you I think they did a lot of regional accents in some sketches.

I wonder what he'd make of Rab C Nesbitt

Last edited by tony_2003; Oct 9th 2003 at 5:30 pm.