Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Satellite Broadband

Satellite Broadband

Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:18 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Satellite Broadband

Anyone any experience of this? Worth the money? Does it work? Any and all replies welcome.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Satellite Broadband

Originally Posted by Thydney
Anyone any experience of this? Worth the money? Does it work? Any and all replies welcome.

We used to have it

Moved and now have Microwave.

Usually only a choice if you can get no other service
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:54 am
ImHere

Only had experience of the UK version but I guess the US is pretty much the same. Basically the download is ok but the upload speed tends to suck (at least it used to)....and it tends to be a bit pricey. Do you not have access to cable?

Old Apr 19th 2005, 5:36 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
Only had experience of the UK version but I guess the US is pretty much the same. Basically the download is ok but the upload speed tends to suck (at least it used to)....and it tends to be a bit pricey. Do you not have access to cable?

No sorry struggle to get a telephone line here bit like a black hole everyone knows where we are wants to look but don't want to stop.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 5:50 pm
ImHere

No sorry struggle to get a telephone line here bit like a black hole everyone knows where we are wants to look but don't want to stop.

Thats a pisser. Satellite is ok now just pricey compared to cable. i think its about 75$ per month here for 3mb or something like.

Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Errr...the in-laws tried it a while ago and it was shite, though it was winter, it cut out more than the tele signal...they decided to go back to dial up because the up speeds didn't exist and the down wasn't very consistant...certainly for the money.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 5:14 am
Grumpy Member

y2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to all

Any Internet connection is better than no Internet connection, but satellite Internet offers poor response times due to the great distances involved.