Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sarasota, FL or Baltimore, MD?

Sarasota, FL or Baltimore, MD?

Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sarasota, FL or Baltimore, MD?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555304

Okay, that's not Baltimore but Hunt Valley, but it had a lot of good info to mull over, can't help with FL though.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
The only other point I wanted to mention is that the DC / MD region is home to quite a large 'biotech' community (the 'I-270 Corridor'). With the Food and Drug Administration, National Institute of Health, along with some other government/private 'medical' research agencies (including even the biowar folks at Ft. Detrick) the area has quite a bit of medical research and medical policy careers going on in Montgomery County area (i.e. an hour from Baltimore).

Not so much for this job but for her 'next one'--she'd be in the area for a good follow-on career.
I think at some point she would be very interested in working in public policy (read DC) so that's a very relevant point!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Well I just heard that Sarasota is the winner. I'll have to tell her to watch out for Dakota.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Well I just heard that Sarasota is the winner. I'll have to tell her to watch out for Dakota.
Give her my number.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dakota44
Give her my number.
I now know 3 people (good friend from high school, this girl who was my maid of honor, and my MIL) who are all in the greater Tampa area. Good for visiting!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

So, what were the deciding factors.....?
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Clearly the fact that I'm here.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
She said it was a combination of advice from her mentors, and her gut.

I did mention Dakota to her. She laughed.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

She said it was a combination of advice from her mentors, and her gut.

I did mention Dakota to her. She laughed.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dakota44
You can imagine the conversation, can't you? "Oh, and a guy said to send him your photo and maybe he'd meet you at the airport." "No, he's not creepy ... it was meant as a joke"
Old Feb 26th 2009, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You can imagine the conversation, can't you? "Oh, and a guy said to send him your photo and maybe he'd meet you at the airport." "No, he's not creepy ... it was meant as a joke"
I can imagine her suspicion at that point.