Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

San Jose airport to San Francisco

San Jose airport to San Francisco

Old May 9th 2004, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Question San Jose airport to San Francisco

Anybody know what the journey time from San Jose airport to San Francisco is and what the cost of a shuttle would be?. My wife and I are looking at an aniversary trip to San Francisco in september and we are looking at flying in some place other than Oakland, which seems to have the most expensive shuttle service I've ever known. SFO is not an option, as Southwest do not fly into it.
Old May 9th 2004, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road
Default Re: San Jose airport to San Francisco

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Anybody know what the journey time from San Jose airport to San Francisco is and what the cost of a shuttle would be?. My wife and I are looking at an aniversary trip to San Francisco in september and we are looking at flying in some place other than Oakland, which seems to have the most expensive shuttle service I've ever known. SFO is not an option, as Southwest do not fly into it.
I'd count on at least an hour to 90 minutes, even more in traffic.
Old May 9th 2004, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I think I have found a new winner in the most expensive shuttle service. According to the San Jose airport website, it lists the estimated cost of travelling to the city as $69 for the low and $79 as the high. Thats half the cost of the flight!. Looks like its back to Oaktown.
Old May 10th 2004, 12:27 pm
Franklin

Have you considered ATA airlines? I used them to fly to SF. Seemed to be a low cost airline.

Old May 10th 2004, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Patent Attorney
Have you considered ATA airlines? I used them to fly to SF. Seemed to be a low cost airline.
My wife has a free ticket with Southwest due to our rapid reward cards. Thats why we want to use them.
Old May 10th 2004, 5:04 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

My wife has a free ticket with Southwest due to our rapid reward cards. Thats why we want to use them.
Here is a list of the ground transportation options from San Jose airport:

http://www.sjc.org/travelers/public.html

and one thing you could consider is that you could take the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) trains/trolley buses directly into San Francisco - it should be inexpensive:

http://www.bart.gov

(The Bart system is clean and efficient - we used it when we stayed at the Embarcadero center. I was impressed to be on what I thought was just a trolley bus which we got on at the Golden Gate Park and suddenly it went underground and became a sort of train!).
Old May 10th 2004, 5:07 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Englishmum
Here is a list of the ground transportation options from San Jose airport:

http://www.sjc.org/travelers/public.html

and one thing you could consider is that you could take the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) trains/trolley buses directly into San Francisco - it should be inexpensive:

http://www.bart.gov

(The Bart system is clean and efficient - we used it when we stayed at the Embarcadero center. I was impressed to be on what I thought was just a trolley bus which we got on at the Golden Gate Park and suddenly it went underground and became a sort of train!).
Actually on hindsight it would be far easier to take the VA airport shuttle to the Caltrain station; you can see the Caltrain route map and the trains go right into San Fran.
Old May 10th 2004, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks. I've used the Bart a few times in the past. I'll look into the route.