Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

San Diego tips

San Diego tips

Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:43 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: San Diego tips

Originally Posted by Ray
Sorry..I mean't really expensiver burger and chips even crabcakes ...with proper cutlery, cloth napkins etc
lol

I take it you are not a picky eater, Ray?

SD is so lovely.... haven't had the chance to be there long enough to make any recommendations, but it's a nice place.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry..I mean't really nice crabcakes ...with proper cutlery, cloth napkins etc
but downstairs you can get expensiver burger and chips
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
lol
I take it you are not a picky eater, Ray?
SD is so lovely.... haven't had the chance to be there long enough to make any recommendations, but it's a nice place.
Too cold in South Dakota for me ...
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
Sorry..I mean't really nice crabcakes ...with proper cutlery, cloth napkins etc
but downstairs you can get expensiver burger and chips
lol i'm sure you can,
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:47 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Too cold in South Dakota for me ...
Ah. But you are picky about abbreviations.

All noted.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:57 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Ozzidoc]Try looking at www.sdreader.com

The navy ship in the harbour - buggered if I can remember it's name. Think it's 10 or 12 bucks.

Hi, hope you don't mind me dropping in, I was in San Diego last week for a visit. Nice, clean, friendly place. I love the Seaport village, the Upstart Crow is fabulous. Wish I had got sorted and popped over the border to Mexico. Didn't discover until the last afternoon that the place where Tom Cruise filmed the bar scene in Top Gun was only over the road from our hotel!!!!

The ship is the USS Midway. There are a few other ships that make up the maritime museum, I didn't get chance to go round them though.

Shirley
Old Sep 16th 2005, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

So how was the weekend and what did you end up doing?
Old Sep 16th 2005, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
It was fantastic, stayed at the Embassy Suites so right opposite the USS Midway, wondered round that for a few hours as my almost 3 year old son was fascinated, also opposite Seaport Village so went there on the Friday night. Did a boat ride round the harbour, had a look round the Gaslamp District, then on Saturday night, went out there and got pissed.. Sunday went to the zoo which was fantastic.
I was really impressed with the city will definitely go again as we didn't get to see as much as we would have liked.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
It was fantastic, stayed at the Embassy Suites so right opposite the USS Midway, wondered round that for a few hours as my almost 3 year old son was fascinated, also opposite Seaport Village so went there on the Friday night. Did a boat ride round the harbour, had a look round the Gaslamp District, then on Saturday night, went out there and got pissed.. Sunday went to the zoo which was fantastic.
I was really impressed with the city will definitely go again as we didn't get to see as much as we would have liked.
Excellent! There really is loads to do in SD. I was in the Gaslamp district on sat night, went to the Dakota Grill for a few and food (which was fab), then moved on to the top floor of the Hyatt to enjoy the views.

Am now back in not-really-sunny-at-all Blighty
Old Sep 16th 2005, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! There really is loads to do in SD. I was in the Gaslamp district on sat night, went to the Dakota Grill for a few and food (which was fab), then moved on to the top floor of the Hyatt to enjoy the views.

Am now back in not-really-sunny-at-all Blighty
Only disappointingthing was the the curry we went for, it was a lovely place but curry was bloody awful. At least you'll get a decent curry back in the UK
Want to go and have a look round the museums next time we go.
The weathers shite here at the moment and in San Diego, theres a big storm of the coast and they're predicting a 6 - 8 foot swell with some flooding, its raining here at the moment and we're supposed to be going to Catalina Island tomorrow as well..
Old Sep 16th 2005, 7:39 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

I stared extensively at the barmaid in the downstairs of Jimmy's bars huge breasts - thanks for all the tips though we had a great time